I was so excited last year when a Kohl's opened up right down the street from our house. Not only did it bring new jobs to local residents, but it made picking up the Kohl's Cares book and plush sets so much easier, as I used to order them online, as we didn't have a Kohl's within driving distance. Are you not familiar with the Kohl's Cares program? If so, here is some information about this great community giving program from Kohl's:
"Kohl’s Department Stores is bringing the charming stories from legendary author Dr. Seuss to children and families across the country with playful and affordable books and plush toys that will delight readers with their magical rhymes and quirky illustrations. This spring, Kohl’s offers exclusive hardcover editions of classic Dr. Seuss books including The Cat in The Hat, Horton Hears a Who!, Sleep Book, ABC’s and Happy Birthday to You! along with coordinating plush toys for just $5 each through the Kohl's Cares cause merchandise program. Since the program’s inception in 2000, the Kohl’s Cares philanthropic program has raised more than $208 million for children’s health and education programs in local communities across the country.
Kohl’s will once again feature Dr. Seuss story books in the Kohl’s Cares cause merchandise program. Children will be enchanted as they learn to read the whimsical tales from Dr. Seuss, and customers will be proud to support the program knowing Kohl’s donates 100 percent of the net profit to children’s health and education initiatives nationwide.
In addition to the merchandise program, Kohl's Cares features a scholarship program, which recognizes more than 2,200 young volunteers each year with scholarships and prizes; the Associates in Action program, which encourages associate volunteerism and has donated more than $61 to youth-focused nonprofit organizations to date; and fundraising gift cards for schools and youth-serving nonprofit organizations. For more information, visit www.kohlscorporation.com"
As part of this community giving program, Kohl's offers a line of children's hard cover books and matching plush toys throughout the year. And, in celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday this month, they are offering the following products:
Kohl’s Cares Cause Merchandise for Kids
· The Cat in The Hat and Cat in the Hat plush: Join Dick and Sally as they embark on an unexpected adventure with a giant cat wearing a hat, transforming a rainy day into a fun-filled afternoon.
· Horton Hears a Who! and Horton plush: Children adore the story of loveable Horton, an elephant who hears a cry for help from a tiny speck of dust and does his best to protect the tiny creatures who live on it from those who see them as insignificant.
· Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book and Sleeps plush: The perfect bed time story that is sure to help everyone wind down from the hustle and bustle of the day – including the grown-ups!
· Dr. Seuss’s ABC book and Alligator plush: A quick and colorful way to learn the alphabet with Dr. Seuss and his colorful friends.
· ONLINE EXCLUSIVE - Dr. Seuss’s ABC book’s Rhino plush: Fun to snuggle and huggle this adorable Rhino plush, kiddos will have a new friend to read with.
· ONLINE EXCLUSIVE - Happy Birthday to You!: Everyone loves their birthday and with Dr. Seuss’s joyous tale, readers will see firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo.
Kohl’s Cares Cause Merchandise for Grown-Ups
· Good Housekeeping Light & Healthy Cooking and Good Housekeeping Drop 5 Lbs: Spring into Healthy Eating with two great books! Following the treats and sweets from the holiday season, testing out new recipes from Good Housekeeping Light & Healthy Cooking and getting diet and healthy eating tips from Good Housekeeping Drop 5 Lbs is the perfect way to stay true to New Year resolutions.
· Dr. Seuss All Occasion Note Cards: As a thank you note or just to connect with a friend or loved one, these delightful all occasion note cards are sure to bring smiles to the faces of recipients with their colorful and quirky illustrations.
I was recently sent the Dr. Seuss’s ABC book and Alligator plush and The Cat in The Hat and Cat in the Hat plush, of which both books are Dr. Seuss Collector's Editions, to enjoy with the girls. Like any other child, they were excited to see and hold the two plush toys. Our youngest is the cuddler, and loves to give her dolls and teddy bears hugs and kisses. So, when she got her hands on the Cat in the Hat, she planted a big wet, drooling kiss on him. ;-)
But, the real fun began when I was able to read to them the other night, these two classic Dr. Seuss books, which I loved having my mom read to me as a child. As I sat their with the girls by my side, they cuddled with their new plush toys, as I read all about the ABC's and the Cat in the Hat to them. And, when I was done, they wanted more. But, they would have to wait until morning to get their Cat in the Hat fix on PBS Kids. :-)
I received these two Kohl's Cares books over the weekend, but have already taken turns with my husband reading them to the girls. And, when we are not reading the Dr. Seuss books to them, we oftentimes find Savannah flipping through the books herself, or giving her own rendition of the story to Arabella and their two new Dr. Seuss cuddly pals. Here are just a few photos I took of Arabella playing with these new Dr. Seuss plush toys, from the Kohl's Cares merchandise program, which donates 100% of the net profit to children's health and education initiatives nationwide:
I am so happy to add these two new Dr. Seuss books to our ever growing Kohl's Cares book collection, and can't wait to see what new titles and matching toys are added this year. So, with Easter right around the corner, why not head to your local Kohl's store and pick up these Dr. Seuss books and/or plush toys, which are available for only $5.00 each, and add to your child's Easter basket? These books will be enjoyed and treasured for years to come, and make for great beginner reader books. ;-)
Disclosure: I was sent samples from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. The views above are mine and mine alone.