-- Nana's Sugar Cookies --
2 1/2 Cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 Cup butter
1 Cup sugar
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the beaten egg, white vinegar and vanilla, and then set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in another bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter/sugar mixture, alternating with the egg mixture. Stir well to combine.
5. Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.