When it comes to Christmas, what comes to mind? Kids think of new toys, while parents think about all the money they will be spending to buy toys listed on their children's wish lists. Oh, and lest we forget the space these new toys will take up, as maby kids don't like to say goodbye to old toys, to make room for new ones.
Thanks to all the toy commercials in between my girls' favorite shows, their wish list for Santa is growing longer and longer. And, as I continue to add new toy requests to their lists, I can only think about how many of these toys will only be played with for a short time and then thrown aside in hopes for newer, much more fun toys to come along. It happens every Christmas. The girls ask for big ticket toys that they just have to have. Then, once they arrive and they start playing with them, they realize they weren't really that fun after all. And, we add these toys to the never to play with again, but can't get rid of pile of toys the girls seem to be collecting.
If only there was a service out there that let the girls play with new toys they were itching to have and then send them back after the newness wears off. Well, there is such a service called Pley. Have you heard about it? I remember hearing about it last year from a friend, but I never thought to look into it as I knew my girls' wouldn't go for a toy rental service, as they like to keep their toys, even if they don't play with them. But, now that the girls are getting older, I find that they offer to give away toys to younger cousins or friends that show interest, to make room for new toys.
Here is more about Pley, including how the service works, in case you are not familiar...
"Pley helps smart parents save money, reduce clutter and help the environment, while raising brighter kids. For a monthly fee, members receive unlimited toys (one at a time) delivered directly to their door. We offer a range of plans starting as low as $19.99/month and all plans include free delivery and unlimited rentals."
Key benefits of Pley:
▪ Pley offers access to a large selection of educative toys, including 400+ LEGO sets and popular robotics toys.
▪ Pley is always on the hunt for the best toys, so our assortment reflects the latest and greatest toys
▪ All these toys come at a low price point vs. buying toys. Average members save ~$800/year.
▪ It's really convenient and helps reduce clutter: Pley packages get delivered to your door and when the kids are done playing, they can return them for a new toy. No more toys sitting unused on shelves!
▪ Besides having access to a variety of toys, kids learn the concepts of sharing and reducing waste for the environment.
▪ Pley makes a fantastic gift! Shoppers can either gift unlimited subscriptions or gift cards!
How it works...
1)You sign up and get an account.
2)Put toys - mostly construction toys (think Legos and the like) - on your 'Pley list.'
3) Receive the first on the list. Play with it. Send it back.
4)Get the next set on your list.
It is that simple! Learn more about Pley and sign up to give this toy rental service a try by visiting www.Pley.com today.
Top 5 Reasons for Renting vs. Buying Toys for Your children
1) Save thousands of dollars each year on toys. Recent studies have shown that families "spend an average of $1000 per child per year on toys." How of this money spent on toys went to toys that your kids actually liked and continue to play with?
2) Better for the environment -- how is a toy rental service beneficial to our environment? By reducing our toy purchases each year, we are saving on plastic alone. In addition there is at least 240lbs fewer C02 emissions per annum per Pley member. How it that for treating our planet well!
3) Kids get to try out their so-called must have toys and see if they really are worth keeping. I can speak my own experience with my girls that only about a 1/3 of toy purchases are well received and continually played with.
4) Fight boredom, especially during the winter months when kids find themselves indoors. When the newness of holiday toys wears off, kids would love the opportunity to try out new toys through the Pley rental service. Each month they will receive a new toy to play with and then send back to get another must-have toy. There is no more getting bored over "old toys"
5) Reduce Clutter -- Finally take back space in your house by signing up and utilizing this toy rental service. By only having one box out at a time, your kids can concentrate on this one item and play with it until they are ready to try something new. Once down, they ship back instead of throwing in a pile of unused, to get another toy to play with. Say goodbye to towering piles of unused toys hoping to be played with again, but never getting the chance.
This toy rental service is a win-win for both kids and parents as kids get to to try out new toys. Pley offers the biggest collection of rental toys including LEGO® (400 different LEGO sets), as well as the award-winning K’NEX and hugely popular robotic/educational toys like Sphero BB-8 App-Enabled Droids and Wonder Workshop’s Dash & Dot Robots, for kids to try out, while parents are happy as they don't have to spend top $ on toys they know their kids will get bored with after a few days/weeks. Pley is really a clever service and one I know many of you will find of interest and want to try out this holiday season and thereafter with your children.
Stay up-to-date on all related to Pley including special offers and discounts, giveaways and more by following their social media channels:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in which I was compensated for my time. However, all views shared are mine and mine alone.