"Samsung Telecommunications America and a collaboration with health and fitness market leaders Under Armour and MapMyFitness have teamed up to offer mobile solutions for today’s active lifestyles through the new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport."
Wow, September already. Boy does it seem like this year is flying by, doesn't it? when I turn the page to a new calendar month, I take a few moments to reflect on the past month, as well as plan for the new month. One thing that I have come to look at is how well I am doing at keeping my new year's resolutions. Last year, I finally was able to finally lost the excess baby weight from my girls after two years. And, for this year, my resolution was to keep the weight off. But, if you struggle to maintain your weight, especially after you hit your 30's or beyond, you find not only does your metabolism slow down, but it is harder to keep weight off. Even the slightest slip up or extra piece of cake will through your whole diet out the window, as you step on the scale the next day and see the numbers start to creep up. A little disappointing to say the least -- especially coming off of summer when you are supposed to feel comfortable in a bathing suite, enjoying time in the water with the kids, and not wondering how to cover up.
I was doing so well the beginning of the year, and then after the girls got sick with head colds and viruses, which lasted over a month at the start of summer, I found myself reaching for and filling the pantry with unhealthy snacks, as a quick pick me up, usually after up all nights with the girls, and struggles to get them to lay down and nap to get better. Slowly the numbers crept up on the scale, until I had to say enough was enough, and work harder to keep the weight off, as it took almost a full year to drop the 20 lbs. I was carrying after the girls. Luckily, at the time I realized I needed to make changes, I was sent the new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport smartphone, as part of the Spring Ambassador program. What set this phone apart from other phones I had recently tried out as part of this program, is that it was made for active people, and those who want to track their fitness, or just want a little push to get more physical active and take control of their overall health and wellness. While a phone was not going to make me drop the pounds -- it would take hard work and dedication on my end -- it sure would help me track and see where I needed to make changes and improve of, if I want to end 2014 being able to maintain the weight I was at at the start of the year.
Have you seen or heard about the new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport smartphone, an "an exclusive new Spark-enabled smartphone with both the hardware and software for today’s health-conscious users i mind"? If not, and you are near a Sprint store, I highly recommend you checking this phone out, as it has so many great features, perfect for fitness buffs, those looking to get into shape, or if you simply like to track things like their exercise regime, watch what the eat and take better care of themselves overall, through convenient mobile apps. In addition, Sprint will also be provide Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport smartphone users access to mobile fitness tracking, educational information, and music through Spotify.
- Dimensions: 5.7 inches x 2.9 inches x 0.4 inches (144mm x 74mm x 8.9mm)
- Weight: 5.6 ounces (158 grams)
- Display: 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED® display (1920x1080)
- Battery: 2,800mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Memory: 16GB internal memory (ROM), 2GB (RAM) microSD™ card slot supports up to 128GB
The New Galaxy S 5 Sport is available in either Electric Blue and Cherry Red color options, shown below.
What Sets the New Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport Apart from Other Smartphones?...
"Among the handset’s many features is S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out workouts, and make healthier eating choices. It even monitors heart rate before and after activity with a built-in heart-rate monitor. Samsung’s exclusive Activity Zone app is pre-loaded on Galaxy S 5 Sport offering the ability to open active lifestyle features, including a barometer, compass, flashlight and stopwatch from a single screen.
This new smartphone serves as the launch pad for Sprint Fit Live, a complete mobile health and fitness package giving customers instant access to their favorite fitness applications and activities, relevant health information when they want it and integration capability with their Spotify playlists (Sprint Fit Live also will be available on all new Sprint Android-powered smartphones in 2014)."
Key features of Sprint Fit Live include the ability to do the following:
- "Track, monitor, and share workout activity with 12 months of free MapMyFitness MVP, which includes premium content such as customized audio coaching, training plans, live tracking and more. MapMyFitness is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Under Armour, a leading performance and innovation brand. MapMyFitness uses GPS to track all fitness activities, and records workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned and route traveled on an interactive map
- S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out your workouts and make healthier eating choices, even measure your heart rate when touching the back of Galaxy S 5 Sport.
- Customize the look and feel of fitness tracking, education, music and healthy living content displayed on the wallpaper or full screen experience.
- Access Spotify Workout playlists with free Spotify premium for six months for customers who are on Sprint Framily plans or three months for other Sprint customers."
I don't know about you, but when I go out for a jog or simple grab the stroller and take the girls for a walk around the neighborhood or local park, if music is involved, I am more prone to sticking with it and exercising for a longer period of time, as I get lost in the music. When I really need to push myself and get running, I love reaching for my phone and playing one of my workout-themed playlists, which I set up in Spotify. There is something about these high energy songs that really gets my heart rate up, and pushes me to have a great workout.
When it comes to using a new phone, I love being able to turn it on and having popular apps already pre-loaded for me, as it saves me time in having to download them, and then register or link my accounts. So, when I received the Galaxy S 5 Sport, I was excited and happy to see Samsung's exclusive Activity Zone app already preloaded on the phone. With cool features like a barometer, compass, flashlight and stopwatch, all accessible from a single screen, I found myself feeling like a child of Christmas morning. As I scrolled through the different apps and features available on this new phone, I couldn't help but think to myself, "Wow, I have a personal trainer built into my phone." Anything and everything that I would need for a more organized and active lifestyle was at my fingertips. Now, I didn't have any excuses why I couldn't work harder at making sure I end 2014 on point in regards to my weight and overall healthy lifestyles changes I wanted to implement for 2014.
Blue is my favorite color, so I couldn't help but smile as I admired this beautiful phone, which is available in either Electric Blue and Cherry Red. I am not usually picky when it comes to phones or phone cases, but I have to say that this Electric Blue phone color is pretty snazzy! :-)
In addition to the features and built-in apps shared above, the new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport also boasts the following features that make this the perfect phone for those looking to upgrade or make the switch to Sprint...
- Dual Cameras: 16-megapixel rear-facing Phase Detection Auto Focus camera with Zero Shutter Lag, flash and video capture, and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording at 30fps
- Studio, a complete photo and video editing suite
- Multi Window™2 allows users to seamlessly toggle between applications without closing a window or opening a new page
- Google Play™ with more than 1 million apps, millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies
- Quick Connect defaults to the best technology to share your content, send files, share your screen or control nearby devices
- NFC (near field communication) allowing the device to read information from everyday objects, such as stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips, or for use as a mobile wallet to make secure purchases
- Samsung Knox™ to help ensure that businesses have the security and control they require to protect sensitive data
- Galaxy S 5 Sport features a textured body making the smartphone easier to hold and preventing it from slipping from the hand.
- Features three hard keys so the smartphone is easier to operate when active.
- The Galaxy S 5 Sport is also IP67 water and dust resistant2 so it can be as active as its user.
- Samsung Smart Remote simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With Smart Remote and the built-in IR blaster, Galaxy S 5 Sport functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- Air View™ lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth® 4.0
- Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm®Snapdragon® MSM8974AB chipset)
Even though I have only had the Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport for one a couple of months, I can say that I have found myself becoming more active, due in part to the apps and features of this phone. Now, when my husband gets home from work, we eat dinner, and then I go out for an evening jog, or head into the basement and run on our treadmill and do some cardio exercises for an hour or hour. When I am done, I feel better about myself as I know I am taking an active role in my overall health and well being. Also, the stress of the day seems to melt away as I sweat, making me feel more refreshed and ready to tackle bedtime with the girls. :-) After the girls go to bed, I love reaching for my phone to track my progress for the day, set new fitness goals, and even see how my heart rate was compared to a previous day's exercise routine. Not having to check or link fitness bands or other fitness tracking devices to my mobile phone saves me time, which is limited being a busy mom of two little ones. My phone is the only tracking device I need, and I can check it whenever and wherever I want to see updated health and fitness content and ultimately work at achieving a more active lifestyle, while reaching the fitness goals I set for myself.
You really have to see this phone up close for yourself, and try out the pre-loaded Samsung’s exclusive Activity Zone app, to see why I can't stop raving about this phone, and I got that extra push I needed to get back on track and reach my fitness goals by the end of the year. I have never seen anything like the S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform, which is perfect for busy moms on the go, like myself. If you own this phone, do you have a favorite feature or app? Good luck at naming just one! :-)
To learn more about the new Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport visit the Sprint online store today, or head to a local Sprint location, to give this phone a test drive.
Disclosure: I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Sprint. I received a sample device to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.