"Create endless dessert and appetizer possibilities with this 2-piece nested bowl shaped bake pan. Great for creative bakers! Completely nonstick lets you easily release baking treats without breaking its shape."
I love being a Good Cook Expert, as I not only get to share recipes with other Good Cook bloggers, but I also get to try out fun products, like the Bake-A-Bowl from the Good Cook Sweet Creations line. We were sent this pan and a Deluxe Trigger Ice Cream Scoop and given the challenge to create either a savory or a sweet recipe. But, you know my sweet tooth and love for chocolate, I went with the sweet challenge. :-)
So, what did I end up making with this neat Bake-A-Bowl bake pan? Double chocolate brownie bowls with a raspberry ricotta mousse filling...and a little shaved chocolate on top. Mmm, I am getting hungry just thinking about it.
While I could have made a homemade brownie recipe, I have loving Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate boxed brownie mix, so opted to use that to make the brownie cups.
But, the ricotta mousse has homemade and a recipe my mom passed down to me.
I have been to a handful of bakeries that serve up desserts in edible cups and bowls, and wondered how they did it. Not only do I now know, but I can make my own sweet creations at home. In addition to making these brownie bowls, the girls and I also made chocolate chip cookie cups, and added fruit one morning, and then had an ice cream sundae the next. The possibilities of what you can create with this bake pan are endless. And, this is what I find the most fun about it...thinking what to add to the edible bowls. :-)
Want to make my sweet creation recipe that I made using the Good Cook Bake-A-Bowl Bake Pan, or at least make the raspberry ricotta mousse?
Here is the recipe, which is quick and easy to make. My two picky eaters couldn't stop eating the mousse the other day. They kept licking the spoon and spatula telling me that they had to taste test it. :-)
Double Chocolate Brownie Bowls with Raspberry Ricotta Mousse
Serves 6, with extra mousse left over
Either make from scratch or use 1 box of Brownie box mix of your choice
1 pint of fresh raspberries -- you can also use mixed berries or strawberries, depending on what is in season.
1 TBSP. sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1 15-ounce container of whole ricotta cream
1 cup of heavy whipping cream, chilled
3 TBSP powdered sugar
Optional: shaved chocolate or additional berries for garnish
1. Prepare brownie mix per the instructions on the box, adjusting bake time to 10 minutes less. Continue to check for doneness with a toothpick 20 minutes in, and then every 5 minutes thereafter, as not to burn the brownie cups.
2. While brownie bowls bake, prepare the mousse. First, start by adding the ricotta to a large bowl and mixing with electric hand mixer until fluffy. Then, in a small bowl, add the raspberries, and with a fork mash up. Set both bowls aside.
3. In another bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and with hand mixer beat until thick and peaks form. Then, add in the powdered sugar, and beat until incorporated and stiff peaks hold.
4. Slowly fold in the raspberry puree and lemon zest into the ricotta. Then, slowly fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture.
5. Once combined, place bowl into fridge and chill for 1-2 hours, so that it can set and the flavors can mix.
6. After brownie bowls have cooled and mousse has set, spoon the mousse into the center of the brownie bowl. Then, you can garnish with additional berries and shaved chocolate pieces. Enjoy!
Interested in seeing what the other Good Cook Experts came up with when given the challenge to create a sweet or savory recipe? Check out the recipe link up below. I am always amazed at what the other bloggers come up with, and end up trying out a handful of their recipes, that soon become favorites in our house. I can't wait to hear what you think of them. And, if you get a chance to pick up the Bake-A-Bowl, please share what you make, so that I can try out the recipe, too. Make sure you use coupon code "BAKEBOWL" to save 25% off the Bake-A-Bowl and other products in the Good Cook Sweet Creations line. And, for a limited time, get a Deluxe Trigger Ice Cream Scoop, FREE with purchase.
Deluxe Trigger Ice Cream Scoop
Free with the purchase of the Bake-a-Bowl....