I am not the only one reaching for healthy snack alternatives to keep healthy. For a short time, my girls were going through a junk food stage due to the holidays and Santa bringing them candy, popcorn, etc. So, when I made the pact with my husband on New Year's Eve to keep junk food out of the house, I meant it for all of us. We did agree on exceptions, like holidays (Valentine's Day, Easter and Halloween), when candy is usually the norm to enjoy. Come on, we all need a day off from diets and have a cheat day -- it helps keep up on track and reminds us that we aren't missing anything from omitting junk food from our diets. I will admit, I do miss potato chips and other salty snack foods, but I have been able to find healthy alternatives that I feel taste even better.
And, when it comes to stocking the shelf and refrigerator with healthy snack options for the girls, I am happy to say that our refrigerator is filled with Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers and new Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks. Recently, the kind folks at Del Monte sent along samples of the Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers and new Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks for the girls to try (both available at Walmart stores).
More About Fruit Burst™ Squeezers and Fruit Cup® Snacks:
"Made in the U.S.A., Del Monte® Fruit Burst®Squeezers contain 1 ½ servings of fruit or fruit and veggies and are an excellent source of vitamins A and C. In addition, Del Monte® Fruit Burst®Squeezers contain no artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup."
Fruit Burst® Fruit + Veggie Squeezers:
- Peach-Mango: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, peach puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, carrot juice concentrate, carrot puree, mango puree concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
- Blueberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, carrot puree, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
Fruit Burst® Simply Fruit Squeezers:
- Apple Cinnamon: Pear puree concentrate, water, apple puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cinnamon, malic acid.
- Mixed Berry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, strawberry puree, red raspberry puree concentrate, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
- Strawberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, strawberry puree concentrate, natural flavors, carmine, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
Mango Fruit Cup® Snacks
- These rich and luscious mangos are a healthy way to add a little sweetness to your day - fat-free, cholesterol free, and high in Vitamin C - that you can enjoy anywhere.
Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks:
- Del Monte® Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks combine two of the world’s most popular fruits: mango and pineapple. Made with rich and luscious mangos and pineapple, they contain no high fructose corn syrup and are a rich source of vitamin C.
They have been fans of squeeze pouches since they were little, so I knew they would love the Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers.
I wasn't sure about the fruit cup snacks as they both don't care for mango. Like I have shared in the past, my husband is from El Salvador, so whenever we go food shopping, he is picking up mangos, avocados and other Latin essentials as he calls them to have on hand at the house, to snack on or add to his meals (as I don't make them Latin enough). :-)
At first, the girls kept saying they didn't want to try the snack cups, as I made the mistake and told the what flavor it was, instead of having them guess. Savannah said, "Mommy, you know I don't like mango," while Bella just said "Yuck." But, thanks to my husband's help, he showed the girls how tasty the fruit cup was and that they were missing out. The girls wanted to try some and after the first mouthful, they were hooked, and wanted their own Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snack.
As a busy mom on the go, I love Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers and new Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks, as they come in handy for on the go snacking and don't take up much room in diaper bag. Now whenever the girls start getting fussy on the go from hunger, I can hand them a Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers or Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snack to enjoy. Then, they are all smiles again! :-)
I even through a Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers and new Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks in my niece and nephew's lunch box for a lunchtime snack. My nephew loves the Fruit + Veggie flavors -- Peach-Mango and Blueberry, while my girls and niece can't get enough of Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers Simply Fruit flavors -- Strawberry, Mixed Berry and Apple Cinnamon. Because of this, I make a point to have the fridge stocked with the two varieties, so when hunger hits, or snack time comes, the kids can choice their flavor of choice to enjoy.
Stay up-to-date on special offers, new product announcements, giveaways and more when you follow Del Monte on their social media pages and website:
· Pinterest – http://bit.ly/NWxj4a
· Facebook – http://on.fb.me/NCGYXN
· Twitter – http://bit.ly/147IvBV
· DelMonte.com – http://bit.ly/8AMAmK
You can find the Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers and new Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks at your local Walmart store. So, make a point to add these healthy snack alternatives to your shopping list, and surprise your child with a Del Monte® Fruit Burst® Squeezers and new Mango Pineapple Fruit Cup® Snacks in their lunch boxes. On the go snacking has never tasted so good!
Thanks to the kind folks at Del Monte®, one lucky reader will receive a $25 Walmart gift card and 2 Del Monte VIP coupons to try the Del Monte products themselves. How great is that!!!! To enter this fun giveaway, please complete the entries on the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: The Del Monte products, information, gift pack, and gift card have been provided by Del Monte. All views shared are mine and mine alone.