Unlock the power of all things Google with Moto X
Just this evening I was flipping through one of the celebrity magazines and saw a photo of Blake Lively using her Moto X phone. This was the first time that I thought to myself, "I know why she loves this product...in this case the Moto X phone." For the past month, I have trying out the new Moto X (made here in the USA), as part of the Sprint Mom Ambassador program I was selected for on behalf of Mom Central Consulting. Prior to receiving the Moto X and the new fitbit flex (which I will share more on later in the post), I previously shared a review on the Netzero Zing mobile hotspot, which I also loved. But, I have to say that this mobile phone is by far the best phone I have ever owned.
Prior to welcoming the girls, my life always seemed to be in order. Yes, I kept schedules to know what meetings I had for work, what classes or trainings I had signed up for, and even date night with my hubby or a girls' night out dinner, but I never thought of myself as disorganized. It wasn't until the girls arrived, that I found myself having trouble juggling my schedule, my husband's schedule and even the girls'. Yes, the girls have schedules -- from doctor's visit to play group meetups and tumbling or dance classes, the girls always seem to have to be somewhere. I was never one to arrive on time -- that is why they call it fashionably late. :-) But, now, more than ever, I find myself stressing just trying to gather up everything I need for everyone, in order to just leave the house. This craziness and constant "go go go" can really leave you frazzled, thus in order making your life less organized. Less organized = more stress. And, as a mom you know that you don't have the luxury to take a day off to unwind, catch up or simply regroup -- let along get a sick day. But, since trying out the Moto X, my life is slowly feeling more organized, and I am loving being more in control of my life, and having my family's schedules at my fingertips, and not on scrap paper and napkins scattered in the car, on the kitchen counter, etc.
I could spend hours talking your ear off about the amazing features of the Moto X phone. But, instead, I thought I would share some of my favorites, that I feel would make your life as a busy mom on the go, that much easier, in case you were looking to make a cell phone switch, or better yet, ask Santa for a gift this holiday season. :-)
First up, the technical aspects of the new Moto X:
· Android™ 4.2.2, Jelly Bean
· Sprint 4G LTE
· World Phone – Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900)Tri Band UMTS (850/1900/2100)DC HSPA+
· X8 Mobile Computing System, 1.7 GHz dual-core application processor
· Personal and business email and text messaging, as well as IM through Google Talk™
· Google Mobile™ wireless services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™ and YouTube™
· 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Corporate Outlook email using Microsoft Direct Push Technology/Microsoft ActiveSync
· Near Field Communication (NFC) capable
· Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n
· Dimensions: 5.1 x 2.6 x 0.22-0.41 inches, weight: 4.6 oz
· Display: Main Display: 4.7-inch AMOLED RGB HD (720x1280)
· Memory: 16 GB standard and 2 Years of 50 GB storage offered for free on Google Drive
· Battery: 2200 mAh battery for up to 13 hours continuous talk-time
. Currently only available in black or white.
Now on to the fun features, which have been keeping me busy. Luckily, I can use the excuse that I need to spend time trying out each feature in order to write up a review on it, which gets me extra "me time" while my husband watches the girls. Shhh, don't tell! :-)
Entertainment/Personalization Features of the Moto X:
· Touchless Control – Without touching the phone at all, users can check the weather, get directions, or do just about anything—just by saying “OK Google Now” Because it learns their voice and with the power of Google Now, Moto X doesn’t guess like other phones do.
· Active Display – Moto X is always paying attention. Information quietly appears on the screen to tell customers what they need to know.
· Quick Capture – Just with two twists of the wrist, Moto X is ready to shoot. Touch anywhere on the screen, and you’ll get an amazing shot. All in just a few seconds.
· Motorola Connect – Provides in-browser notifications
· Motorola Migrate - Migrate call logs, text messages, pictures and music from an old Android device (must be Android 2.2, Froyo, or above) to Moto X
· Dual Cameras: 10 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, 4 X digital zoom and video capture, 2 MP front-facing with video capture
· Sprint TV® and Movies, with more than 15 channels of live sports, live breaking news and full episodes of the most popular daytime, primetime and kids entertainment
· Sprint Music Plus, a full-featured music store and player for music tracks, ringtones, and ringback tones, including millions of DRM-free music tracks and tones updated daily
· 3.5mm stereo headset jack· Bluetooth® 4.0 LE+EDR
Out of all the amazing features, including those I have yet to try out, I have to say my favorites are the touchless control, the active display and the quick capture camera (a quick flick of the wrist and the camera comes up and is ready to take a photo).
My phone is filled not just with apps and widgets I have downloaded, but also hundreds of photos I have taken of the girls, product reviews and even new recipes I have been creating in the kitchen and sharing with you and family and friends, via posts, emails and my social media sites, all through my Moto X phone.
While I had a mobile phone before getting the opportunity to try out the Moto X these past few weeks, I never really felt connected, like I do with this phone. With just a few taps of the screen, or giving voice commands, I am able to accomplish so much in a given day. And, with everyone's schedules at my fingertips, I can check off what has been completed and what still needs to be tackled.
You want to know something crazy...I have found that I have been arriving early to classes, meetups and appointments. Like I said earlier, I was always known to arrive late (especially late after having the girls). But, with the help of the Moto X in helping to keep me better organized and on top of things, leaving the house is less stressful, as I now have important phone numbers, addresses and notes entered into my phone for easy access, and lightning fast Internet connection if I have to look something up on the go.
While I am still in the "Go Go Go" mode daily with two toddlers at home, I can finally keep track of everyone's busy schedules, while also achieving daily goals I have set for myself, thanks to the thin, stylish fitbit flex.
At night, it tracks your sleep cycle, helping you learn how to sleep better, and wake feeling refreshed and ready to start the day. And, if you are an early riser (before the kids or your partner) you will love the silent wake alarm feature, to get you up and going in the AM.
From tracking my steps, distance walked in a given day, to keeping a food diary and tracking daily calories burned, my New Year's Resolution of losing the excess baby weight, has never been more manageable. And, any time of day, I can sync my fitbit flex (available at Sprint) with my Moto X powered by Sprint, thanks to the unlimited data plan, which I love. No one likes unexpected overage charges on their cell phone bills each months, especially when rates for many providers are so high. You can also "access your stats anytime on your computer, tablet or from leading smartphones – both iPhone and Android. Flex is your perfect companion, it’s with you everywhere… even in the shower. Plus, it looks good no matter what you’re wearing."
Want to know how you are doing at a given time, in regards to your daily goals you have set for yourself? Simply tap the the device and LED lights will show you how your day is stacking up against your goals. And, once synced with your Moto X or other compatible mobile device, you will be notified instantly once a goal has been reached. What a way to make you feel good, knowing that you achieved a personal goal, like walking 10,000 steps, or burning X number of calories during a workout or walk.
I have a few more pounds to lose before we kiss 2013 goodbye. And, I know that with the fitbit flex and my new Moto X phone, I will be be able to stay organized, keep up my daily fitness regime and even maintain a healthy diet, all while getting the kids to their destinations on time, and keeping everyone's schedules organized, all while reaching personal goals I set for myself. And, if I find myself struggling to stay on track, I simply have to visit the app store and look for an app to download, that will help keep me organized, entertain the girls when I need a moment to talk to someone or handle a task, or simple capture life's moments as they fly on by. Once my trial period with this phone is up, I will be signing up to continue coverage, while also adding my husband to the plan. The few times I have let him play around with the phone, he has loved the features. The phone is slim enough that both men and women can hold it with ease and not have to worry about using a case or other crazy accessory.
So, if you are looking for the perfect gift for that hard to shop for person on your shopping list, or want to treat yourself this holiday season, why not check out the new Moto X and/or fitbit flex today?
Disclosure:I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Sprint. I received product samples to facilitate my review.