This past Monday, I shared my Spotlight on Mom interview with Stacy DeBroff, Founder and CEO of Mom Central Consulting. If you missed my interview with Stacy, click here to read it now --. Today, I wanted to share my thoughts on the VTech Safe&Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor, which Mom Central Consulting so kindly sent me to review. During the month of September, Stacy and her team worked with other mom bloggers to spread the word about Baby Safety Month, with a focus on the key elements of home safety. As such, they let other mom bloggers review this baby monitor and offer a giveaway -- like I will be doing -- learn more about this giveaway below.
As you know, I have two small children, and still use a baby monitor to keep an eye on them when they are napping and sleeping at night time. I can't tell you how many baby monitors we have bought, only to be disappointed with the overall quality and ease of use of them. So, when I was sent this full color video and audio monitor from VTech, I was not expecting much and was keeping an open mind, as we recently had to throw out another video baby monitor which broke after a few months of use.
It has been about two months since we began using the VTech Safe&Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor, and my husband and I absolutely love it. Not only was it easy to use, which is great for sleep deprived parents like us to try out and set up, but the overall sound and picture qualities are amazing. I have yet to have channels crossed with others, which was a big issue with previous monitors. Instead of listening for my children to cry or fuss, I would constantly be hearing peoples' telephone conversations over the monitor. And, even after changing channels and frequencies, I couldn't get rid of this.
Just look at the features of this Safe&Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor from VTech:
- Six level sound indicator.
- Vibrating Sound Alert - Enjoy some added peace by being silently alerted when there is sound in the baby's room.
- Temperature Sensor - Parent Unit displays baby's room temperature. Be assured the conditions are ideal for restful sleep.
- Talk-Back Intercom System - Remotely communicate with your baby from the parent unit to the baby unit. Soothe your baby from another room or even from outdoors.
- Polyphonic Lullabies - Play 5 different lullabies on the camera.
- Camera Battery Compartment - Add four AA batteries (not included) to the camera for up to 4.5 hours of video streaming.
- Zoom the camera from the parent unit.
- Night Viewing - 8 infrared LEDs automatically sense the lighting condition providing full video viewing in dark rooms.
- Split screen capability - System supports up to four cameras to be viewed from one Parent Unit. Viewing modes include Single View and Quad View Split Screen
- High Resolution 2.8" Color LCD - Easily view your baby (or babies) from the 320x240 full color display.
- Full Motion Video - Up to 22 frames per second of full color, dynamic frame rate video provides excellent viewing of all the action in the baby's room.
- Rechargeable battery with low battery alert in parent unit.
- Wall Mount Bracket - Safely view your baby from a fixed location. Bracket includes a cord management system for storing excess power cord. Swivel, tilt and zoom the camera for the ideal view.
- Adjustable camera angle.
- Extended Range - Up to 1,000 feet of range allows you to feel safe and connected to your child while you go about your day.
- Digital Transmission - This 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum system digitally transmits both the audio and video signals. No annoying white noise sound. You only hear the sounds coming from your baby. All transmissions are encrypted for your privacy and security.
- Expandable to 4 Cameras - For families with more than one child to monitor, this system can expand to four total cameras. Extra cameras (VM301) sold separately. Know what is happening in all of the important rooms in your home.
Impressed? We are, and can't stop recommending this baby monitor to family and friends who are expecting or looking to replace their current baby monitors. The features that I love the most are the full color motion video, the ability to adjust the camera angle so that I can actually see my children in their cribs, as well as the split screen capability and extended range of up to 1,000 feet.
I also love how the parent unit has a low battery alert, as this was not included with the other monitors I had. I always hated hearing the low battery beep over my children in their rooms, and had always wished the parent unit would notify me when I needed to replace the batteries in the monitor.
In addition to the ease of use of this monitor, I love that it compact enough and doesn't take up a lot of table space in the nursey. When running, is is not loud, so I don't have to worry about it waking my daughters from their naps.
Overall, I am so glad I had the opportunity to review this baby monitor from VTech. I have been a fan of this brand since we welcomed our first daughter in 2010. If you walk through my house, half of my daughters toys are from VTech. We have come to love their exceptional quality and educational benefits of their products, and can now add the Safe&Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor to our ever growing list of VTech products we own.
Know someone who is expecting, or need a baby monitor that really works and will offer you peace of mind when you child sleeps, then why not consider checking out the VTech Safe&Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor today? At only $129.94, you can't go wrong for all that you get. This baby monitor far exceeded my expectations and is the best one I have seen and used since welcoming our daughters. And, when friends and family ask me about baby monitors, I don't hesitate to recommend this easy to use and oh so reliable baby monitor from VTech.
Click here to order this baby monitor from VTech's website for only $129.94 --http://www.babymonitors.vtech.com/babymonitors/index.cfm/product-detail/?event=ehCatalog.productDetail&ProductID=1703. In addition, you can purchase this baby monitor at other online retailers, as well as at local retailers.
One lucky reader will win a VTech Safe&Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor, thanks to the folks at Mom Central Consulting and VTech. To enter, please complete the entries on the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was sent a sample from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. The views above are mine and mine alone.