SPREAD SOME HOLIDAY CHEER WITH FRIENDLY AND
FESTIVE NICKELODEON PRESCHOOL FRIENDS
Are you ready for it? There are only 55 days until Christmas. While that may seem like a ways away, it really isn't in grand scheme of things, as many stores are already selling out of hot toys for Christmas, and even before we say goodbye to Halloween, stores are already putting up Christmas trees and decorations. Before you know it, the Christmas rush will be here.
Just last night, after I got the girls to bed, I was flipping through the channels and found a handful of channels already airing Christmas movies. Wow, they seem to be doing this earlier and earlier as the years go by. But, I don't mind, as Christmas is my favorite time of year. I especially love watching the holiday movies, as do my girls. So, when received Nickelodeon Favorites: A Very Nick Jr. Christmas on DVD a couple of weeks ago, you can only imagine how excited my girls were. They were quick to start asking if Santa was coming and how many more days until Christmas. Then, they rushed to the dining room table to start on their wish lists, thinking if Santa got it early enough, he would have ample time to work on their toys. Gotta love kids! :-)
When the girls were finished with their long wish lists, they asked for me to put this DVD on. They were so excited to watch the full-length holiday themed episodes. And, by the characters on the cover of the DVD -- all of whom they love, they knew they were in for a treat. The DVD itself has a run time of 137 minutes and contains the following episodes from some of your child's favorite Nick Jr. shows...
- Blaze and the Monster Machines - "Monster Machine Christmas" - It's Christmas Eve and Blaze and AJ are helping Santa and his elves load his magic bag full of presents to deliver all over the world. Crusher wants to open his present early and sends all the presents flying away while sneaking into Santa's bag. It's up to Blaze, AJ and Crusher to rescue the presents and deliver them all before Christmas morning.
- Shimmer and Shine - "Santa's Little Genies" - It's ChristmasEve and Leah forgot to mail Zac's letter to Santa. When she calls on Shimmer and Shine to help deliver the letter, they transport her to the North Pole where Leah can deliver the letter to Santa in person. After Leah accidentally wishes Santa to a tropical island, it's up to the girls to deliver the presents and save Christmas.
- Dora and Friends: Into the City! - "Shivers the Snowman" - Dora and friends help a brave but lost snowman named Shivers keep his promise of always going back to his friend Carolina.
- Bubble Guppies - "A Very Guppy Christmas!" - When Mr. Grouper's van gets stuck in the holiday snow, Mr. Claws and his horse Snowflake come to the rescue. As snow falls and bells jingle, the Bubble Guppies will experience their first sleigh ride.
- Wallykazam! - "Wally Saves the Trollidays" - Bobgoblin gets his hands on the Jingle Troll's sack of magical wishes.
- Wallykazam! - "Snow Place Like Home" - Wally and Norville discover a lost baby dragon and have to help him find his home.
While Savannah was bummed that there were no Paw Patrol episodes, she did say she loved all the other episodes including Shimmer and Shine and Bubble Guppies. When I asked Bella if she had a favorite episode, she thought for a moment, before telling me it was so hard to choose just one, as she loved them all. :-)
We have had this DVD for a couple now, and I have lost count on how many times the girls have watched it. I do know a couple days in a row they watched it in the AM and then right before bed. It is that good!
So, if you have a Nick Jr. fan in your house and looking to add some new holiday DVDs to your family's growing collection, why not pick up this recent DVD release to enjoy with your family. It is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit as you start to count down the days until Christmas. Fifty five and counting, remember! :-)
More about this recent DVD release:
"Nickelodeon preschool favorites from the past and present come together to help celebrate the most wonderful time of the year in the all-new collection, Nickelodeon Favorites: A Very Nick Jr. Christmas. This jolly and joyful collection includes beloved shows like Dora and Friends: Into the City! and Bubble Guppies, along with new hit shows like Shimmer and Shine, Wallykazam! and Blaze and the Monster Machines. Whether it's racing to rescue lost Christmas presents with Blaze or visiting Santa with Shimmer and Shine, there's no shortage of holiday cheer and festive adventure. Produced by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, Nickelodeon Favorites: A Very Nick Jr. Christmas is available now on DVD, for the suggested retail price of $14.99."
Nickelodeon Favorites: A Very Nick Jr. Christmas Fast Facts
Street Date: October 11, 2016
Catalog: 59180590000 (US); 59181064000 (CAN)
Running Time: 137 Minutes
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital
Thanks to the kind folks over at Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Media Distribution, one (1) lucky Inspired by Savannah reader will win a copy of this recent DVD release.
To enter, please complete the entries on the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years.
About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHMD division oversees PPC's home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
Disclosure: I was sent a screener copy from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. All views shared are mine and mine alone.