Drum roll, please...If you weren't able to make it to CES 2016 where they announce all the cool new consumer technology, then you probably haven't heard about some of the new product releases from DISH -- one of which one the prestigious "The Best of CES 2016" award from PC. :-)
PC Magazine recently named the DISH Hopper 3 DVR as the "Best Home Theater Gear" of CES 2016! "Among other features, the Hopper 3 has "an unheard-of 16 separate tuners so you'll never, ever, ever have to decide what's worth recording." How cool is that? Now I don't have to sacrifice recording one of my favorite shows as the tuner is already set to record both my husband's and girls' shows. While i don't think a family would need so many separate tuners, it is great knowing that DISH offers this and that they continue to turn out amazing products year after year. From the Super Joey to the Hopper and Dish Anywhere, DISH continues to amaze me and other loyal customers time and again. Not only have I found their customer service of phone operators and the technicians to be stellar, I love getting to check out these new additions to the DISH product line and sharing them with you. Stay tuned in the weeks ahead as I will be trying out the new Hopper 3 and comparing it the Joey, Super Joey and Hopper we have had and currently have installed in our home and let you know how it compares.
But, in the meantime, I wanted to catch you up to speed on the new product offerings from DISH including the award-winning Hopper 3, which will make any consumer want to switch to DISH...if they haven't already! :-)
"This year at CES, DISH unveiled our newest line of products, revolutionizing the way you watch TV all over again. Our devices are packed with industry firsts designed to change the way you find, record, watch, and transport your TV content. Learn more: http://di.sh/CES
And, here is all you need to know about the new Hopper 3 -- that has everyone talking...
DISH releases Hopper 3 to customers nationwide
· Eliminates recording conflicts with 16 tuners
· Delivers enhanced 4K experience
· Ultimate whole-home experience with support for up to seven TVs
DISH Network L.L.C. today announced the availability of its award-winning Hopper 3 to customers nationwide. The third-generation of DISH’s whole-home DVR system, Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, delivers an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously. In the coming weeks, Hopper 3 will launch the Netflix app and integrate Netflix titles into its universal search results.
“Packed with industry firsts, Hopper 3 is the most advanced DVR in the world. It provides our customers with the innovative features they loved on our legacy Hopper DVRs, while additionally delivering the ultimate, conflict-free entertainment experience,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “Since the introduction of our first-generation Hopper only four years ago, we have continued to invest in innovation. DISH has a history of being at the forefront of consumer entertainment technology, and I’m proud to say that Hopper 3 offers no exception.”
The DISH Hopper 3 delivers several industry-firsts designed to change the way consumers find, record, stream and watch content, including:
· 16 tuners – Hopper 3 contains 16 tuners, making it easy for viewers to watch shows in multiple rooms, view live programs remotely via DISH Anywhere and set multiple recordings, all at the same time and without the need to manage conflicts or cancel timers.
· 4K video – Hopper 3 decodes and outputs 4K video and comes equipped with a selection of 4K programming, including titles from Sony Pictures. 4K content from Netflix will also be coming to Hopper 3 in the near future.
· Support for seven TVs – Hopper 3 supports up to six Joeys simultaneously, powering a total of seven TVs at one time. The DVR is compatible with the standard Joey, Wireless Joey and 4K Joey. DISH is delivering enhanced connectivity options to drive the whole-home experience, including MoCA 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet.
· Universal search with Netflix – Hopper 3 will soon feature the Netflix app and integrate Netflix titles into its universal search results. With this new functionality, customers who search for a TV series will see a list that incorporates episodes from Netflix, DVR recordings, on demand options and future airings, depending on availability of each.
· Sports Bar Mode – Another feature coming soon to Hopper 3 is 4K Sports Bar Mode, a multi-channel view that divides the TV screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different program in HD.
Also newly available to DISH customers is the 4K Joey client, compatible with all HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2-compliant televisions. The 4K Joey plays back 4K ultra HD content and easily integrates with Hopper 3 to provide a whole-home solution for customers with multiple 4K televisions in their home.
Qualified new and existing customers can receive one Hopper 3 at no upfront cost. The Hopper 3 system requires a whole-home DVR fee of $15 per month and $7 per month for each Joey, including the newly available 4K Joey.
Hopper 3 is powered by a Broadcom BCM7445 quad-core ARM application processor at 1.5 GHz, 21K DMIPS. It contains a two TB hard drive for up to 500 hours of high-definition recording, or 2,000 hours of standard definition recording. For 4K viewing, the Hopper 3 can decode and output 60 FPS and 10-bit color. It supports H.264 and H.265 and is compatible with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. It is the first DVR to support USB 3.0. Hopper 3 is compatible with HDR10/BDA 2.0 encoded streams."
Learn more about this other amazing offers from Dish, and sign up today!
About the Hopper
Introduced in 2012, the DISH Hopper provides whole-home capabilities and includes innovative technologies like the PrimeTime Anytime and AutoHop features, as well as an industry-leading two TB of storage. DISH introduced its Hopper 2 in 2013, adding Slingbox technology-driven DISH Anywhere functionality, making it possible for consumers to watch live and recorded content anywhere on Internet-connected tablets, smartphones and computers. The DISH Anywhere app includes transfers, which makes remote viewing possible when no Internet connection is available. Hopper 3 is the most advanced version to date with 16 tuners, 4K integration, USB 3.0 compatibility and the upcoming availability of Netflix incorporated into search results. The Hopper is the center of the whole-home entertainment experience and connects to additional TVs via standard Joey, Wireless Joey and 4K Joey.
DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH), through its subsidiaries, provides approximately 13.909 million pay-TV subscribers, as of Sept. 30, 2015, with the highest-quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. DISH offers a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 250 company. Visitwww.dish.com.
Subscribe to DISH email alerts: http://about.dish.com/alerts
Follow @DISHNews on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/
Disclosure: As a DISH ambassador, I am provided complimentary service in exchange for promotional of services, honest reviews, etc. However, all views shared are mine and mine alone.