I don't know about you, but if I forgot a meal or find myself running errands with the girls and running low on energy, I am quick to grab a sugar candy bar or something sweet to give me that jolt of energy -- only to find myself crashing a short time later -- never a good feeling when trying to teach children, or get them from activity to activity. But, thanks to the new Atkins Harvest Trail Bars, which hit stores shelves in October, I now have a new favorite go-to snack bar for on-the-go snacking or to grab when I find myself without time to prepare a meal for myself, or heck, forget to eat after playing restaurant for my two picky eaters.
You may be wondering, are these fruit and nut bars just for those on the Atkins diet. Well, you will be surprised to learn that they are made for everyone, including children. You don't have to be on the Atkins diet to enjoy the many health benefits this all-natural snack bar has to offer.
From all-natural ingredients to a nutritional label that shouts "go for you," you are in for a healthy treat when you reach for one of the new Atkins Harvest Trail bars, which are available in the following four tasty flavors all offering a simpler, low-carb snack with less sugar and lower carbohydrates than traditional nutritional bars– including Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel, Dark Chocolate Cherry & Nuts, and Vanilla Fruit and Nut.
I was lucky enough to sample the above four flavors before they hit store shelves, and loved the test tasting with my family...kids included. Usually my girls are picky eaters, but I find them more willing to try foods they see me enjoying. And, when my youngest saw the dark chocolate, fruit and nuts that you find in these healthy snack bars, she couldn't wait to take a bite. And, then followed my other daughter, who had to see what she was missing out on. :-)
First, the dietary mentions of these bars...
- 7 net carbs or less
- 8 grams of protein
- 9-10 grams of fiber (great way to meet your daily fiber intake, which many people struggle to meet)
- Low in sugar!
- Keeps net carbs low
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives or sugar alcohol
- These new nut and dried fruit bars from Atkins focus on simplicity of ingredients -- nuts, fruits, yogurt, dark chocolate -- each bar is formulated to meet the nutritional principles Atkins is founded on.
- This new nut and dried fruit bard is not just for people trying to lose weight -- it is for everyone looking to live a healthy lifestyle and looking to choose a healthy snack that is not full of sugars -- including children.
- You'll be satisfied with this protein packed bar, as it will not leave your feeling hungry shortly thereafter -- Instead, the Atkins Harvest Bars will leave you feeling full for few hours afterward, until you can enjoy a healthy prepared meal.
- There is no sugar crash when consuming these high in fiber and low cholesterol bars. and optimal protein, low in grams of sugar as you are left satisfied, which is hard to say about other bars on the market I have tried.
- All-natural ingredients in the bars -- You will find cherries, apples, cranberries, chocolate, vanilla, mixed nuts, etc.
- For those who are on a low sugar diet and can't load up on fruits, this is a great alternative to meet your daily fiber requirements.
- Children will enjoy this bar too as it offers the necessary healthy fats from nuts and high fiber and carbohydrates from fruits, protein for growing.
- Offers a cleaner label for convenience and healthy options -- no more trying to decipher what the ingredients are in these bars -- you will see through the label the all-natural ingredients and be able to read the ingredients in the nutritional section without the need to look up questionable words.
Overall, we had a blast sampling the four new flavors of the new Atkins Harvest Trail bars line which you can find right next to the other Atkins shakes and bars at your favorite grocery and retail store. It was hard to choose a favorite flavor as they all tasted so good. The best part of these bars, next to being a healthy option for on-the-go snacking or refueling if you miss a meal is that they leave you feeling full and satisfied for hours later and don't bring with it a sugar crash, as these bars are low in sugar.
I can't stop raving about these bars with family and friends and have made a point to have a stash in the car, my handbag, in the pantry and even on the kitchen counter for when I find myself needing a pick me up or simply want to satisfy a sweet tooth craving the healthy way. And, when my girls are looking for a snack, they also find themselves reaching for one of these tasty bars instead of other snack options. Shh, don't tell them that these bars are healthy for them, as they think they are a sugary treat with the chocolate, nuts and dried fruit. :-)
These bars are great for a healthy lifestyle and healthy eating, and compliant with Atkins diet (easy to incorporate into your current Atkins diet). So, if you have been searching for a healthy way to get more fiber, nutrients and proteins in your diets, especially when you are a busy parent or on the go like myself, look no further than the new Atkins Harvest Trail bars line, available now. I can't wait to hear what your favorite of the four flavors is -- that is, if you can narrow it down to just one! :-)
Follow Atkins on their social media pages below...
· Atkins on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/
· Atkins on Twitter – https://twitter.com/
· Atkins on Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/
· Atkins on Instagram – https://instagram.com/
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by the Role Mommy Writer's Network. All views shared are mine and mine alone.