New from Majesco Entertainment -- Just in Time for the Holidays....
When I first started back at the gym after welcoming our first daughter, Savannah, I took a couple of Zumba classes to try to get my metabolism back up and really work out a sweat, while also having fun. I don't know about you, but one thing I hate to do is go to the gym, especially when it is cold outside, and just the thought of driving in a cold car to the gym makes me want to stay home. But, I have personal weight loss goals, and those go hand and in hand with making sure I am exercising regularly. But, as parents, you know that our schedules can be turned upside down due to our children becoming sick, after-school sports and other extra-curricula activities or even just having our significant others stuck in traffic or having to work late. On days like this, I don't beat myself about not being able to make it to the gym as planned, as I know I can get the same workout at home, on my own time, thanks to my growing Zumba Fitness workout that I have for my Kinect for XBox 360, including the new Zumba Fitness World Party, which I was recently sent for my Kinect for XBox 360.
If you follow my blog, then you have probably read or remember seeing previous Zumba reviews for both adults and a kids game. I have been a fan of these workout games since Majesco Entertainment started introducing them for video gaming consoles. And, it seems that each release is better than the last, as they all contain so many great chart topping hits that really make you want to step up your game and burn calories and sweat, as you dance your heart out. :-) Come on, who doesn't love to have a dance party in their house? The girls are I always seem to break out in song and dance throughout the day when a song comes on a show they are watching. So, why can't I use my limited "me time" and have a fitness party of sorts in the family room, as I participate in an at-home Zumba Fitness workout. I don't have to worry about going out in the cold. And, if I find that I have a little extra energy or free time after the girls are in bed, I can power through another easy-to-follow choreography routine/workout.
Have you tried a Zumba class? If you have found yourself liking it, or simply love to dance to chart topping hits, but would rather do it in the privacy of your own home, then you will want to check out the new Zumba Fitness World Party, available for the Xbox One ($39.00), Kinect ($29.00), Wii U ($39.00), and Wii ($29.00)
Here is more about this fitness workout that really gets your heart pumping...
"Only the premier global fitness brand can offer you an interactive experience so big it spans the Earth! For the first time ever, Zumba® takes you on a cultural joyride around the world in Zumba® Fitness World Party.
Burn up to 1,000 calories per hour as you immerse yourself in the movement and music of exotic global destinations in this exhilarating at home workout that features a new visual presentation. World Party is the latest release in the best-selling Zumba® Fitness video game franchise that has sold more than nine million copies worldwide and ranks as the #2 fitness franchise of all time, second only to Nintendo’s Wii Fit.
This groundbreaking new dance-fitness experience unites you with the global Zumba® community while offering all of the fitness features you need to maximize your work out. Travel the world with celebrity Zumba® instructors; move to a cultural mix of dance styles across 40+ fresh songs and routines; and unlock rewards that reveal the rich heritage of each location. Learn to love your workout with this fun, freeing fitness journey that expands your horizons!
· Get fit to 40+ new routines and songs including chart-topping hits from Lady Gaga, Daddy Yankee and Pitbull, fresh Zumba® originals and eclectic tracks from regional musicians. Full soundtrack to be announced.
· Move to 30+ dance styles from around the world including Salsa, Hip-Hop, Tahitian, Calypso, Bollywood, Cumbia, Reggaeton and Irish Step, plus new additions like Plena, Blues, Capoeira and Girly Funk.
· New visual presentation makes you feel as if you’re traveling the globe and joining a global jam with your favorite celebrity Zumba® instructors.
· Master four different game modes:
– World Dance Tour: This brand new mode lets you journey to seven destinations through a progression of new routines that exposes you to the culture, music and dance styles from each featured region.
– Full Class: A block of workout routines in 20, 45 or 60 minute formats. Choose from 45 pre-set classes (longer classes include a warm up, interval training and a cool down), or create your own custom playlist of your favorite routines.
– Single Song: Dance a single routine of your choice from the full playlist.
– Learn the Steps: Learn at your own pace with a basic moves breakdown across expanded dance style modules: Salsa, Merengue, Reggaeton, Cumbia, Samba, Bollywood and more.
· Enhance your workout with the streamlined Progress Tracker Plus that tallies all of your stats: technique score, calories burned, achievements earned, goals met, etc.
· Set personal fitness goals or work toward pre-set goals to guide your work out.
· Move with 14 superstar Zumba® instructors: Beto, Gina Grant, Kass Martin, Melissa Chiz, Heidy Torres, Loretta Bates, Nick Logrea, Armando Salcedo, Priscilla Sartori, Bhavna, Peter Wang, Eric Aglia and The Bhangra Brothers. World Party also stars regional Zumba® instructors who represent their local culture through video rewards.
· Dance hands-free with Xbox One and Kinect technology that enables full body motion tracking for a natural interactive workout. Wii U and Wii versions include an exclusive Zumba® Fitness belt so you can holster your Wii Remote™ and dance hands-free.
· Unlock motivational rewards as you explore the globe: passport stamps, postcards, cultural souvenirs, fitness tips and achievements.
· Mirror your instructor’s moves accurately and trigger special environmental effects and additional dancers.
· Motion cueing system makes the choreography easier to follow for new players.
· Accessible gameplay features Low, Medium and High Intensity routines.
· Two player support on Xbox One and Kinect for Xbox 360, and four player support on Wii U and Wii let you party together with friends and family members in cooperative play.
· Wii U GamePad support for menu navigation plus full game digital download post release.
Xbox One and Kinect Version Exclusive Features:
· Exclusive routines
· Message friends and work toward achieving community goals over Xbox Live
· Voice control for menu navigation gets you moving even faster
· In game class locator helps you find a live Zumba® class near you
· Online Zumba® news feature keeps you up-to-date on brand information, community events and promotions
· Access leaderboards to compare your progress against friends’
· Per limb feedback in Tutorial mode
· Earn achievements as you play "
Never taken a Zumba fitness class, but have been curious to see what it is all about? Why not give the new Zumba Fitness World Party a try. I ended up lending this to mom to try and she is now hooked. Once you pair popular music with movement, you can't go wrong when it comes to working out and feeling the burn. While I may have been born with two left feet, I surprise myself each and every time I do one of these workouts, as the choreography is shown in such a way that even a clumsy dancer like me can pick them up and dance along without missing a step.
As a busy mom on the go, I love knowing that I can get in a good workout at home, if my schedule doesn't allow a trip to the gym. And, with the cold weather setting in, I may just stay home and do a little Zumba Fitness in the family room -- it is so much fun and addicting. :-)
To learn more about the new Zumba Fitness World Party or other Zumba fitness games available for your video gaming console, visit http://www.zumbafitnessgame.com/ today.
About Zumba® Fitness
Zumba Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-party workout. Coined “fitness-parties,” Zumba classes blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, which provide effective, total-body workouts. Founded in 2001, the company is now the largest branded fitness program in the world -- reporting more than 14 million weekly class participants, in over 140,000 locations, across more than 150 countries. In addition to its original Zumba® program, the company also offers a range of specialty classes, including Zumba Gold® (for active older adults), Zumba® Toning (body-sculpting class that uses maraca-like Toning Sticks), Aqua Zumba® (the ultimate “pool party” workout), Zumbatomic® (Zumba routines for kids), Zumba Sentao™ (chair-based Zumba class that strengthens, balances and stabilizes the core) and Zumba® in the Circuit (a 30-minute workout that combines signature Zumba® moves with circuit training at timed intervals). The Zumba® fitness lifestyle is rounded out by the company’s many consumer product offerings, including DVD sets, music collections, multi-seasonal apparel and footwear, video games, Fitness-Concert™ events and a lifestyle magazine.
For more information about Zumba Fitness programs and products, or to find a live class, visit zumba.com and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclosure: I was sent a review copy from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. All views shared are mine and mine alone.