Where you a Brownie or Girl Scout when you were a little girl? I used to be both, and loved my experience in these clubs, as I made a lot of wonderful friends who I kept through school, as well as learned new things, tried things I never thought I would and developed leadership and teamwork skills, that have carried through my life. My mom recently was cleaning her basement and stumbled across my two sashes, filled with all the badges I earned and she had stitched on for me, and surprised me with it. As soon as my girls saw the sash, they knew what it was for, as I had given them a Girl Scouts plush doll earlier in the week, and their doll had a similar sash with badges like the ones I earned.
Did you know that a new line of Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls were released recently? I hadn't until I was sent a press release and offered a doll for review. I jumped at the opportunity to review one, not only because I was a girl scout, but wanted to share about this organization with my girls, as I hope to sign them up when they are old enough.
Here is more about the new line of Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls...
"Perfect for girls of all ages, Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls celebrate personal style, friendship, diversity – and girl power! Positive role models and playmates in one, the new dolls are filled with personality and “just-like-me” appeal, and they’re ready to go with girls wherever their imaginations, aspirations and adventures lead them.
Made with the softest, highest-quality materials, Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls (SRP $19.99 each) are designed to grow with girls and are ready to go wherever their imaginations, aspirations and adventures take them.
Each contemporary and fashionable doll proudly wears her iconic Girl Scouts sash – and comes complete with dozens of detailed stickers with awards, insignia, troop numerals, pins, and badges, so girls can personalize the doll’s sash to match their own achievements, or set their own goals for the Girl Scout experience.Each doll is packaged in a color-coordinated box that showcases her favorite Girl Scouts activities – and even her favorite Girl Scout Cookie!
This new trio of friends includes:
* Dresses in a bright purple and light blue Girl Scout knit tee, velour shorts with twill cuffs decorated with the Girl Scout Trefoil design, striped pink leggings and vivid purple vinyl shoes with lavender grosgrain ribbon and light blue corduroy fabric soles
* Loves being a Girl Scout because “it teaches me to be honest and fair so I can make the world a better place!”
* Likes being active and setting goals to keep fit
* Favorite cookie-selling skill: Helping my troop and community
* Favorite cookie: Peanut butter & chocolate
* Wears a bright pink Girl Scout knit tee, blue twill cuffed shorts decorated with the Girl Scout Trefoil design and vivid light blue vinyl shoes that are trimmed with pink grosgrain ribbon and pink corduroy fabric soles
* Loves being a Girl Scout and “learning to be considerate and caring, so I can make the world a better place!”
* Likes listening to music and making her own songs
* Favorite cookie-selling skill: Talking, listening and working with different kinds of people
* Favorite cookie: Thin Mints®
* Dons a bright orange and teal Girl Scout knit tee, an orange velour skirt decorated with the Girl Scout Trefoil design and vivid yellow vinyl boots that feature Trefoil emblems and teal corduroy fabric soles.
* Loves being a Girl Scout and “learning to be courageous and strong, so I can make the world a better place!”
* Likes writing poems and stories to share with friends
* Favorite cookie-selling skill: Setting goals and organizing orders
* Favorite cookie: Caramel & coconut stripes
Additional new Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls from YOTTOY will launch in fall 2015."
These plush dolls would be perfect for doll collectors or to surprise that special girl in your life who is a girl scout. I wish they had these dolls when I was little, as I and the girls in my Girl Scouts troop would have loved them. I also like how the girls come in different nationalities, which is hard to find with many of the plush and plastic dolls out on the market.
So, if you have been looking for a fun gift to give this upcoming season and that special girl in your life loves dolls, why not consider surprising her with one of the new Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls. For more information about Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls, visit http://girlscoutsfriendship.
The colorful, collectible new trio of Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls is now available at WalMart stores nationwide and online at Girlscoutshop.com, Walmart.com and YOTTOY.com – and they can’t wait to come home to girls everywhere!
Disclosure: I was sent a sample from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. All views shared are mine and mine alone.