I was so excited when I heard recently that Tiggly was coming out with another fun educational app for kids. You may recall I recently shared a review for their first product release, Tiggly Shapes, which won 8 awards (click here if you missed it or want to learn more). In my review I shared how Tiggly Shapes was one of Savannah's apps when she started playing with the iPad, and the Tiggly learning apps has since become a favorite of my almost 3 yr. old daughter, Bella's.
Can your little one count? If so, they will love the new Tiggly Counts, which is the first iPad math toy intended for children ages 3+. Inspired by classic cuisenaire rods used in Montessori education, Tiggly Counts includes a set of five colorful counting Toys that interact with three parent- and educator-approved Tiggly iPad learning apps.
By combining physical and digital play, preschoolers develop their number sense, counting skills and understanding of math operations (addition and subtraction).
Similar to Tiggly Shapes which introduces little ones to shapes and colors with its shapes that come stored in a felt bag for easy storage and transport, Tiggly Counts also arrives in a felt carrying pouch, so you don't have to worry about your kids misplacing the game pieces.
Currently, Tiggly Counts can be used with 3 FREE learning apps, that are easy for even the youngest of learners to learn and navigate. And, the best part, all you need is the counting toys and an iPad to play. Tiggy Counts doesn't require additional objects, add ons you have to buy or needing parents to make adjustments to their iPad settings, bluetooth, etc. Simply download the Tiggy Counts apps, and hand your child the felt bag with rods and they are ready to learn and have fun.
Here is more about the three FREE apps that go along with the new Tiggly Counts toy:
- Tiggly Addventure: Tiggly sets off an adventure to deliver the most delicious apple in Tiggly Town to his beloved grandmother! Along the way, Tiggly will need you to use your counting toys to build bridges, ladders, and much more to help him overcome challenges on the land, sea, and even outer space!
- Tiggly Cardtoons: A world of playful and surprising learning comes alive at the speed of imagination as your child uses their counting toys. Two pieces of cardboard become a juggling owl, or a hungry shark with a taste for apples, or a rumbling truck carrying… snakes?!
- Tiggly Chef: Emergency in the kitchen! Tiggly Town’s greatest, most mustachioed Chef needs help, and only you and your counting toys can prepare his preposterously silly recipes. Think you can beat the Chef at his own game? Devise your own kooky culinary concoctions in one of Chef’s three kitchens!
The above apps come in 10 different languages, so kids of all nationality and backgrounds can enjoy while developing their math skills.
Kids who use Tiggly Counts with the three apps mentioned above will learn the following skills:
- Tiggly Addventure introduces the child to number line concepts while helping him improve his number sense and counting skills.
- Tiggly Cardtoons will help your child learn basic math ideas such as one-to-one matching, counting, and equal sets
- Tiggly Chef will help your child learn numbers and early addition concepts; he will introduce him/her to math symbols, and encourage them to follow instructions and to think flexibly.
Even though Tiggly Counts will not be available until November, they've already won the 2014 Tillywig Brain Child Award as one of the most “exciting products that energize the mind while seamlessly blending fun and learning. So, you can see, just like Tiggly Shapes which won 8 awards, Tiggly Counts is sure to be a hit with kids, parents and educators, as it will help preschoolers with their math skills, while also making math fun.
Right now, Tiggly is offering a special 30% off Tiggly Counts (offer is valid 10/7-11/21) over at Tiggly.com/counts. If you want to share the special savings offer with family and friends, just let them know to use the special promo code "TIGGLYCOUNTS" at checkout, when purchasing the new Tiggly Counts toy.
With the holidays fast approaching, now is the perfect time to start picking up gifts for those special children in your life. And, what better gift to give them than an educational toy that will get them excited about math and counting. I personally can't wait to try Tiggly Counts with my girls, who are fans of their award winning Tiggly Shapes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post, but all opinions are my own.