I had no idea that Green Giant offered fresh vegetables like asparagus, until I was sent samples, along with Klondike Rose potatoes. As soon as I took the vegetables out of the box, my mind began to swirl with ideas on what to make with them.
That evening, I had on the menu roasted chicken with a broccoli side dish. But, because I was now sharing at these amazing Klondike Rose potatoes and Green Giant Fresh Asparagus, I revamped my menu to include roasted potatoes and asparagus to the broccoli. How did it turn out? Here is a photo of the roasted chicken and veggies plated up, before my family devoured it. :-)
It was so good, my husband was disappointed come cleanup time, as there were no leftovers to package up and take to work for lunch the next day. Everyone kept going back to the kitchen for another helping of the roasted vegetables, including my picky eater, Savannah, who never cared for asparagus before. :-)
Wondering what to make for dinner tonight? Why not try my Roasted Chicken and Vegetables dish? It is so easy to prepare, and only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. Here is the recipe for you to try and share:
Prep/Cook Time 30-40 minutes
8 chicken thighs (with skin)
4 tablespoons of softened butter
10 sprigs of fresh thyme
4 cloves of garlic
2 heads of broccoli
2-3 pounds of Klondike Rose potatoes
1 Bunch Green Giant Fresh Asparagus
2 TBSP. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash all vegetables. Then, cut lemons into slices (6 slices per lemon).
2. Remove thyme leaves from stems, then rough chop and set aside. Cut up potatoes into 2-inch pieces for quicker cooking. Mince the garlic. Cut broccoli from the stems and into 1-inch bite size pieces. And, chop the asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
3. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Separate skin from chicken, and then stuff 1 lemon slice, some of the rough chopped thyme and a 1/2 TBSP. of butter under each skin. Make sure that you add the same amount of thyme and butter to each thigh for proper flavor. Season chicken with salt (I used Kosher) and pepper, on both sides. Reserve the rest of the lemon slices for garnish.
4. Cooking 4 thighs at a time in an oven-proof pan, add 1TBSP olive oil to pan on stove top. Once hot and glistening, add the thighs skin-side down and cook over medium-high heat until browned. The chicken should be able to pull away from the pan with ease when ready -- about 6 minutes. Remove to plate. Then, add another 1 TBSP. of olive oil and cook remaining 4 chicken thighs, skin side down.
5. Roast potatoes and asparagus, along with minced garlic in the same pan the chicken cooked in, making sure to scrape down pan to infuse chicken flavor with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring once. Then, add the chicken thighs to the pan, skin-side up, on top of vegetables. Place in pre-heated oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven and put chicken on a plate. Stir the potatoes and asparagus before adding the broccoli to pan to cook. Stir all vegetables together. Then, add chicken (skin-side up) back to pan, on top of vegetables. Put back in oven and cook for 10 more minutes.
7. Pre-heat broiler before placing chicken under it and cooking for 3-5 minutes, until chicken skin and vegetables are crisp and slightly brown.
8. Plate vegetables, and add two chicken thighs to each plate. Garnish with leftover lemon slice.
If you need to head out the store to pick up ingredients, make sure you head on over to www.klondikebrands.com/coupons first, and print out a coupon for a FREE 8 oz. bag of Green Giant Fresh Asparagus when you purchase a 5 lb. page of Klondike Rose potatoes. Act fast, as this coupon is only available for a limited time, and is exclusive to Target stores nationwide. Don't forget to share this coupon with family and friends, and let them know about these amazing Klondike Rose potatoes and Green Giant Fresh Asparagus. I will definitely be adding these items to my weekly shopping list and trying out new recipes with them. Next up, Asparagus Avocado Medley, from Taste of Home. Here is a look at the recipe, which I found at Yummly:
Asparagus Avocado Medley
- 1 lb asparagus (fresh, trimmed and cut into 1 12 inch pieces)
- 8 fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 avocado (ripe, peeled and cubed)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps canola oil (olive)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place asparagus and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once; drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, mushrooms, avocado, zucchini, tomato and onion; toss gently. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Disclosure: I was sent samples from the vendor, in order to write up an honest review. All views shared are mine and mine alone.