LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN…
"Between the excitement of Halloween and the confusion caused by setting our clocks back one hour as Daylight Savings comes to an end on Sunday the 3rd of November, children everywhere will be challenged with interruptions to their nightly bedtime routines. But have no fear, parents! The Jim Henson Company’s Pajanimals are here to help!
Halloween is a wonderful opportunity to address nighttime safety measures with children. Safe Kids Worldwide, a global organization dedicated to preventing injuries in children, offers a number of tips for keeping kids safe on what could be a dangerous night of the year for children of all ages. Here are just a few of the SKW safety tips for Halloween:
When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors. Since masks can sometimes obstruct a child’s vision, try non-toxic face paint and makeup whenever possible.
Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
You can give your little goblins their very own Pajanimals Submarine Flashlight ($12.99 SRP, available on Amazon.com and Walmart.com) to light up the night as they trick or treat.
After Halloween is over, the flashlight (featuring a glow-in-the-dark base) can be used to help give your child comfort
the clocks go back an hour and it nighttime
comes earlier…just press the submarine periscope for lights and sounds. This
fun flashlight features all of your child’s favorite Pajanimals characters.
Ages: 12 months and up.
Pajanamals also have a fun Halloween “spot the difference” and coloring activity sheet, http://www.sproutonline.com/
printables/pajanimals- halloween-differences. Kids
can use the Pajanimals activity
sheet to spot the differences between the pictures of their Pajanimals friends. And if you are looking for costume ideas, you
can use the activity sheet for Pajanimals costume ideas.
After Halloween, don’t forget that it is almost Daylight Savings time! On Sunday, November 3, you and your child can celebrate the end of Daylight Savings time with a special Pajanimals Pajama Party, including watching Pajanimals on Sprout (nightly at 8pm ET) and NBC Kids (Saturdays at 10:30am ET). Sprout will also be running special on-air promos for Pajanimals throughout the month of November, as well as on SproutOnline.com, in the Sprout newsletter, Facebook and on Shop Sprout. Visit Shop Sprout to browse the colorful Pajanimals toys, apparel and fun accessories.
And while we’re speaking about fun and colorful Pajanimals products, TOMY and Running Press are introducing a number of new Pajanimals products just in time for the holidays! New Pajanimals toys from TOMY include:
• Under the Lights Projector ($29.99 SRP, available on Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com): Projects a cosmic starry light show on the wall and plays the soothing Lalalullaby song. Lights fade into a rainbow of colors. Choose to turn music on or off while the lights play.
• Large Nighttime Plush ($29.99 SRP each, available on Amazon.com and Target.com): Large soft and cuddly plush with a glowing tummy that softly changes colors. Press the character’s hand to start the nightlight and song. Includes auto shut off so your child can fall asleep hugging these cuddly plush. Available in Cowbella and Squacky.
• Pajanimals Pals ($12.99 SRP each, available on Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com): Toddlers won’t be able to put this blankie down with the super soft satin on one side and cuddly fleece on the other. Available in each of the characters from the show with their matching pajama prints.
• Stroll ‘n Go Pajanimals Friends ($8.99 SRP each, available on Amazon.com): Each of the four Pajanimals characters comes with a different sound--Crinklin’ Apollo, Jinglin’ Cowbella, Squeakin’ Squacky and Rattlin Sweet Pea Sue. Fun for toddlers to play with on the go as they start to recognize their favorite characters! Take them anywhere without getting lost thanks to the handy hook that attaches to car seats and strollers.
And Running Press is publishing a new Pajanimals Holiday board and sticker book:
• Squacky and the Gift of Christmas (SRP: $7.95): The Pajanimals are excited that Christmas is coming! Squacky really hopes he gets the new Fantastic Splash Super Sub, but then becomes worried that Santa won’t bring it. The Pajanimals travel to The Night Sky where the moon reminds Squacky that Christmas isn’t about the presents you get, it’s about spending time with the ones you love and sharing Christmas traditions together.
The Pajanimals series follows the adventures of four cuddly musical puppets -- Sweet Pea Sue, Squacky, Cowbella and Apollo. Their journeys celebrate imagination and tackle typical toddler issues such as the fear of the first day of school, making new friends and learning how to share. The Pajanimals end their day of play with a relaxing return to their cozy bedroom and familiar night time routines, including bathing, brushing teeth and story time, to develop a feeling of safety and structure.
I can't wait to receive the all-new Pajanimals’ Submarine Flashlight from TOMY to share with the girls. They can't get enough of the Pajanimals, and bedtime will be that more fun with this cute flashlight. :-) Stay tuned, as I will be sharing a review of the all-new Pajanimals’ Submarine Flashlight from TOMY in a couple of weeks.
· Dedicated Pajanimals’
· The Jim Henson Company
· Running Press
· NCircle Entertainment