LEGO® KIDSFEST moves into new territory, returns to popular markets
2014 tour stops include Canada, NC, VA & MI
Raleigh, NC: Feb. 28 – March 2 (Raleigh Convention Center)
Novi, MI: April 25 - 27 (Suburban Collection Showplace)
Calgary, AB: May 16 - 18 (BMO Centre @ Calgary Stampede)
Atlanta, GA: June 27 - 29 (Cobb Galleria Centre)
Dallas, TX: Aug. 29 – 31 (Dallas Convention Center)
Richmond, VA: Oct. 3 – 5 (Greater Richmond Convention Center)
Indianapolis, IN: Nov. 7 – 9 (Indiana Convention Center)
LEGO® KidsFest celebrates its sixth year on the road with a return to some popular markets, stops in some new U.S. cities, plus its first stop in Canada. Returning markets are Raleigh, NC, Novi, MI and Richmond, VA.
The 2014 tour dates include Raleigh, NC (Feb. 28 – March 2), Novi, MI (April 25 – 27), Calgary, AB, Canada (May 16 - 18), Atlanta, GA (June 27 – 29), Dallas, TX (Aug. 29 – 31), Richmond, VA (Oct. 3 – 5) and Indianapolis, IN (Nov. 7 – 9).
Covering more than three acres of space, the traveling giant LEGO KidsFest brings all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in an activity- and entertainment-packed event for all ages and builders of all skills.
Five sessions – all identical and 4 ½ hours in length – are held at each tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOKidsFest.com.
On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Raleigh and more. Tickets generally sell out and attendance averages 27,000-30,000 visitors at each venue.
Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find, among other activities:
· LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
· LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
· Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S. (in U.S. markets only)
· Art Gallery: build one piece of a giant mural to create a collective work of art
· Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
· LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
· LEGO Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
· Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
· LEGO Chima: choose your tribe and test your Speedor battling skills.
· LEGO Ninjago: Spin your way to victory and become a Spinjitsu master
· LEGO Galaxy Squad: squash the space bugs before they take over the galaxy
· LEGO Star Wars: Visit Yoda in his Holocron vault where you can build and display a Star Wars model
· LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
# # #
LEGO Systems, Inc. is the North American division of The LEGO Group, a privately-held, family-owned company based in Billund, Denmark, one of the world's leading manufacturers of creatively educational play materials for children. The company is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities, and its employees are guided by the motto adopted in the 1930s by founder Ole Kirk Christiansen: "Only the best is good enough." Visit the virtual LEGO world at www.LEGO.com