"The NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot makes connecting to the internet possible, no matter where you are!"
It is not often I find a new technology or gadget that makes me wonder how I ever lived without it. But, after trying the new NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot for the past two weeks, I am in love. Being a busy mom on the go, I find myself stuck at the doctor's office waiting for the doctor to see one of my doctors (I swear we are there so many times, that they should give us a back door key), waiting for Savannah to be done with dance class or swim lessons, or just out and about looking to pass time and wishing I had Internet access to catch up on blog posts, check my social media pages, etc. Thanks to the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot, I can connect to the Internet with my iPad from anywhere. Yes, I have a mobile phone with Internet access, but I don't know about you, but either my fingers are too fat or the keys are too small, that it becomes a pain to try to type even the simplest of sentences. So, whenever possible, I opt for the iPad for quick Internet browsing.
The one occasion that stands out and sold me on the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot was during our recent 3 hour drive to NH with the girls for the Labor Day weekend. Instead of waiting for my husband to get out of work on Friday and head up north, I took a gamble and tagged along with parents the Tuesday before the holiday. I can't remember if I have shared this with you, but for some reason Arabella is not a fan of car rides. As soon as she gets strapped into her car seat, she pitches a fit. Once worked up, we all know what is coming next -- her vomiting all over herself and the backseat. We never had this issue with Savannah, and don't know why Arabella reacts like this. During her early baby months, she was fine in the car seat and didn't mind it. But, once she turned a year old, car rides with her have become nearly impossible. I asked the doctor what to do, and followed her suggestion of having "car toys" on hand to play with, and even buying a DVD player for the back seat. Both seem to work for a few minutes, and then gagging, fussing and cries that she is stuck begin. It seems that as soon as we pull out of the garage, she wants out.
Because of Arabella's issues with the car, we usually stay home, or either my husband or I will take Savannah out. So, the summer, which we had big plans to visit attractions, etc. had to be revised, as either we had to turn back around, or we just didn't even attempt the drive and saved ourselves on stress that we would have endure dealing with her outbursts. But, my parents, like most grandparents thought they could fix the problem, or at least entertain Bella enough to get her to NH without too many stops. On the few occasions we have made it to NH this summer, we have had to made 4-5 stops, making the 3 hour drive take over 4 1/2 hours in total.
The car ride started out fine, but by the time we pulled onto the highway, Arabella started fussing and wanting out of her car seat. My mom tried all her tricks to no avail. Then, I pulled out my secret weapon, the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot to try out. With the iPad in hand, I was able to let Bella choose her favorite online streaming movies, play some of her favorite apps, or simply listen to music while browsing the photos of her and Savannah. So, did we make it to NH? Yes, we did! And, thanks to the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot, we didn't have to make any pit stops. Just by being able to connect to the Internet in the car during our 3 hour car ride, kept Bella entertained. She forget where she was and sat there entertained. I guess you can say that the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot is my lifesaver! :-) It is very compact and easily transportable, as it is about the size of a wallet. So, I can simply throw in the glove box or diaper bag for on the go Internet access at my fingertips. Eek. I get so excited just thinking about the mobile Hotspot and all it has to offer! :-)
Now, whenever we got out for car rides, Savannah brings along her headphones to watch a movie of her choice on the DVD player, while Bella is content browsing her kid-friendly apps and movies on our iPad. Who knew that car rides would be fun and uneventful? Both my husband and I can't help but plan weekend trips outside the 5 mile radius we used to stay within. The NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot lets us all enjoy family time together by making just getting there that much easier and vomit-free. :-)
Even though I don't have children in college yet, after raving about the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot with my friend with teens, they have talked about signing up for this service for their college bound children. They love the convenience of their kids being able to connect whenever and wherever they are on campus, without having to deal with unsecured connections. And, a few parents shared how the optional technology fee in dorm rooms is outrageous. Instead, the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot subscription service is much more affordable, has a faster connectivity rate and is more reliable. And, the ability to connect anywhere makes it a must have for college students, as well as busy families on the go. So, if you find yourself, like so many of us always on the go, with the desire to stay connected without breaking the bank, then you will want to check out the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot. Once you try it, I will you will be hooked like I am.
Here are the product specifics of the NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot --
- One of the first tri-band devices offered by Sprint
- First 4G LTE mobile hotspot from Sprint with international capabilities using GSM roaming
- Access passwords, SSID information, battery, network signal strength and more with the LCD resistive color touchscreen
- Manage device settings with the easy to use Web User Interface (Web UI)
- Easy to set up and use, no software required for Wi-Fi access
- While the device is tethered via USB extension cable to a computer connect to the network as well as share with 10 devices/users (i.e., will require drivers to be installed that are on the device)
- Expand up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices sharing one connection (devices include laptops, tablets, eReaders, portable gaming systems and more)
- 2500 mAh battery provides up to 10 hours of typical use on a single charge
- GPS functionality (i.e., Location Based Services)
- Equipped with the latest wireless encryption technology so that personal data/information is not shared when lending out your mobile hotspot. It also supports the most advanced mobile security protocols such as NAT Firewall, VPN pass-through, and password-protected administration user interface
· Dimensions: 4.3” L (110 mm) x 2.7” W (69 mm) x 0.6” H (15.2 mm)
· Display: 2.4” / 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA) resistive LCD touchscreen with data usage meter
· Weight: 3.95 Ounces (112 grams)
· Frequency: Tri-band: LTE: B25 (1900MHz), B26 (800MHz) & B41 (2500MHz);
Antenna: Internal and External Antenna support – Non-standard adaptor required; 2X2 MIMO (multiple-input and multiple outputs) antenna for LTE
· Compatibility: Windows® 8, 7, Vista®, or XP (32 and 64bit), Mac OS® 10.5 or 10.6 and newer (Snow Leopard), Ubuntu Linux 9.04
· Battery: Removable Li-ion battery (2500 mAh) with up to 10 hours of continuous usage and up to 10 days of standby
· USB port (2.0 recommended)
· Web browser may be required for initial setup
For more information visit www.sprint.com/mobilebroadband