"Summer is here and with it comes plenty of occasions to cool-off and enjoy the newest line-up of frozen treats from Fruttare, MAGNUM Ice Cream, Popsicle, Breyers, Good Humor, and Klondike. You may have already heard about the U.S launch of Fruttare, a refreshing and delicious fruit bar made with real chunks of fruit. Below find the frozen scoop on the newest treats from Unilever."
- A new frozen fruit bar that is synonymous with a positive outlook on life, just hit shelves for the first time in the U.S. The new Fruttare product line includes two types of frozen fruit bars: Fruttare Fruit and Milk Bars – the first nationally available line of its kind – and Fruttare Fruit and Juice Bars. The delicious Fruttare Fruit and Milk Bars, which are made with real fruit and creamy milk, are available in Strawberry and Milk, Coconut and Milk, Banana and Milk and Peach and Milk varieties, and the refreshing Fruttare Fruit and Juice Bars are available in Strawberry, Mango, Lime and Orange varieties.
- MAGNUM, the most luxurious ice cream bar, is debuting MAGNUM Gold?! and MAGNUM Mini Double Caramel. MAGNUM Gold?!, the world’s first golden ice cream bar and a uniquely indulgent treat that is truly as good as gold. Featuring silky vanilla bean ice cream swirled with sea salt caramel and dipped in a golden coating made with Belgian milk chocolate, these treats are sure to unlock life’s greatest pleasures.
- Breyers Blasts!, the line known for featuring delicious mix-ins from families’ best-loved candy and cookie brands, is expanding its offerings to include seven new Breyers Blasts! Flavors such as Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mints and M&M’S. In addition, there are two new limited-edition seasonal flavors and a new Lactose Free variety.
- Good Humor is getting in the holiday spirit with the introduction of the REESE’S Peanut Butter pumpkin-shaped ice cream. The brand is also taking a twist on its classic ice cream bars with the introduction of the new Good Humor Birthday Cake bar, featuring vanilla cake flavored ice cream surrounded by light vanilla ice cream and coated with cake crunch.
- Continuing its new Yosicle line of products, Popsicle is delivering yet another unexpected combination with Yosicle Swirlz! – featuring creamy swirls of Chocolate & Vanilla and Strawberry-Red Raspberry and Strawberry-Banana. Popsicle is also partnering with the bright and cheerful Hello Kitty brand to create new Popsicle Hello Kitty Fun Bunch ice pops.
- Klondike brings plenty of nostalgia and variety to every man’s freezer with 11 varieties of classic stickless ice cream bars, 4 delicious flavors of ice cream sandwiches, and Choco Taco treats.
Who could say "No," if asked to review ice cream, especially a sampling of tasty frozen treats from Unilever? Well, I was asked to review some ice cream and feature on my site the other day, and got so excited. You would have thought it was Christmas or that I had won the lottery. :-) I don't know about you, but my freezer is always stocked with ice cream, all year round. But, during the hot summer months, ice cream and popsicles are a must.
Call me crazy, but I ended up cleaning out and reorganzing my freezer just to make room for the ice cream samples I would be picking up at during my next grocery shopping trip. In addition, I took inventory of my secret stash of frozen treats I have in the freezer. Do you have a secret stash or item in the freezer (or refrigerator for that matter) that is off limits to other members of your household? I started having a secret stash -- well not so secret, as I had to label "Keep Off" with my name on the box. :-) But, the other girls in the house knew I meant business, as they, too, had their favorite foods labeled so others wouldn't take. And, when I moved in with my husband, he learned the hard way, when he took my last Klondike bar. :-) We didn't talk all night -- until he went out the next morning and bought me a new box. :-) Right now, my girls are too young, so I don't have to worry about them shopping the freezer for a frozen treat to eat.
As you know I am huge chocoholic. And, whenever I am food shopping, I find my eyes travel to all the products that contain chocolate.Chocolate covered foods have become my weakness, especially frozen ice cream. So, when it came time to pick up samples of Unilever frozen treats, I felt like a kid in a candy store. I browsed each and every product from this brand that my local Market Basket offered, and ended up choosing the following products to sample:
Good choices, right? I am getting hungry just looking about the photos. :-) I ended up stashing the Double Chocolate Klondike bars and a few of the Magnum Mini Almonds bars in my secret stash area of the freezer, leaving the rest of Unilever's frozen treats for the rest of the family to enjoy. The girls were so excited when they saw the Hello Kitty ice pops. Savannah loved the different shapes that they came in like stars, moons and triangles. I ended up having to re-stock up on these ice pops as the girls went through them like water. They even became popular with the neighborhood kids who came to play, as they would offer up a Hello Kitty ice pop to stay cool. :-) My husband, who is also a chocoholic, loved coming home after a long day of work, and being able to grab a Klondike or Fruttase Coconut Fruit and Milk Bar to enjoy, as he waited for dinner to be done.
The frozen treats from Unilever, which I picked up to review, didn't last long in our house. Even though I am on a diet/mission to lose the excess baby weight I had put on in 2010 and 2011, I couldn't resist the frozen treats in the freezer. After a crazy day with the girls, it was so nice, and relaxing, to be able to grab a Klondike bar or Magnum mini bar, put my feet up, and enjoy this tasty frozen treat.
It really was a nice treat to be able to fill the freezer with some delicious tasting frozen treats from Unilever. And, with the streak of hot days we had recently, the frozen treats came in handy, to help keep the family hydrated and cool. :-) I have been a fan of Unilever products since I was a child, and my mom would buy products. And, now, with a family of my own, I continue to stock my house with Unilever products, including their line of frozen treats, that will always put a smile on every member of the family's face. :-)
So, with summer in full swing and summer cookouts and parties being planned...make sure you have your freezer stocked up with frozen treats to offer guests, including those I shared from Unilever.
Disclosure: I was sent FREE coupons to pick up products thanks to the folks at Unilever, in order to write up an honest review. The views shared are mine and mine alone.