I was recently sent a box of Purex Fabric Softener Sheets in Sweet Lavender scent to review. When I went to put them on the shelf in the laundry room, I noticed I had 5 other boxes of fabric softener sheets already. Besides detergent, I love stocking up on scented fabric sheets. It seems like each month new scents are being released, while others are being discontinued. These scented fabric softener sheets are usually affordable -- at under $3.00 a box. But, what do you do when you find yourself with more scented fabric sheets than you need for laundry purposes? Don't throw them away. Instead, why not try the following 11 creative ways that my family uses these fabric softener sheets, including the sweet lavender scented ones from Purex, which can be purchased at your local Walmart:
1. Bug Repellent -- Rub a scented fabric softener sheet on your arms and legs to deter would be bugs from biting while you are outside enjoying the warm, summer weather.
2. Instant Home Air Freshener -- Leave scented fabric softener sheets throughout the house to add a touch of freshness to the air. I like to place a few under the couch seat cushions, add one to the trash can indoors and outside, as well as add to our daughters' diaper pails. My husband makes a point to add a new fabric softener sheet alongside our central air filters.
3. Reduce static cling on your clothes -- Hate it when clothes stick to your body? Say goodbye to static cling, especially during the cold, winter months by patting a fabric softener sheet on your clothes and even hair.
4. When it rains outside, my husband, will on occasion rub the dog with a lightly scented fabric softener sheet to get rid of the wet dog smell, especially if the dog will be laying around with the girls on the couch.
5. Instant scented drawer liner sheets -- Don't spend $$$ on buying scented drawer paper rolls. Instead unfold a few scented dryer sheets and lay flat in your clothes drawers. Then, lay your socks, undergarments, shirts,etc. on top.
6. Keep seasonal clothes smelling fresh and not musty -- Prevent musty clothes, when you pack sweaters and other seasonal clothes away in under the bed storage bags, by adding a few fabric softener sheets to the top and bottom of the storage bags before you zip them up and store them away for the season.
7. Remove soap build up from showers -- Simply wet a scented fabric softener sheet and lightly scrub down bathroom shower walls and fixtures to remove soap scum build up and mineral deposits.
8. Car air freshener -- Make your car smell great in a matter of minutes by simply placing a few scented fabric softener sheets under the front car seats and in the trunk.
9. Shoe Deodorizer -- Ran out of shoe deodorizing powder? No worries, simply place a fabric softener sheet into your shoes. I like to tuck one near the toes, and then lay another one flat inside the rest of the shoe.
10. Get rid of bug debris from car windshields -- Who knew? My friend shared this tip with me over the weekend, when I was telling her I was putting together this list. Have stuck on bug, sap and other gunk on your car's windshield? Simply wet a fabric softener sheet and scrub the windshield clean in a matter of minutes.
11. Drift off to sleep easier by adding a fabric sheet inside pillow cases -- When it comes time to change the sheets and pillow cases on your beds each week, why not add a scented fabric sheet into your pillow cases and even between the mattress and fitted sheet? I especially love using the new Purex Sweet Lavender Fabric Softener Sheets, as they help you relax and fall asleep easily with this calming scent.
There are so many other ways to use scented fabric dryer sheets, beyond the 11 I listed above, as well as the general purpose when drying your clothes. Do you have a fun way to use these scented fabric dryer sheets? If so, please share by leaving a comment below. I can't wait to see what other creative ways you use these fabric sheets. :-)
One lucky reader will win (2) TWO FREE Purex Fabric Softener Sheets Coupons, to try out some of the above alternative uses, as well as use with their laundering needs. To enter, please complete the entries on the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was sent samples from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. The views shared are mine and mine alone.