"Produce for Kids is launching its annual Get Healthy, Give Hope campaign with major supermarket chains across the country, including your local Stop & Shop store, to help raise money for Our Family Foundation.
Beginning June 7th and running through August 10th, the more produce Stop & Shop shoppers add to their shopping lists the more hope they can give to local children. All participating fresh fruit and vegetable suppliers at Stop & Shop stores will make a consumption-based donation to Our Family Foundation which awarded donations totaling $11.6 million in 2012 to organizations in your local community with a mission of fighting hunger, improving the lives of children and building healthy communities.
To learn more about the campaign, shoppers can visit the Produce for Kids in-store display which features easy-to-prepare recipes, helpful materials with additional information on the campaign and links to visit more than 90 easy Ideal Meals® recipes online. The display also features characters from the popular Sprout® health-focused children’s series “LazyTown™” and “The Chica Show,” along with tips on healthy eating for kids."
Below are some fantastic delicious and nutritious PFK recipes that will help you and your family stay cool as the weather heats up:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
· 2 bananas, peeled, chopped
· 3 cups lowfat yogurt
· 1 cup pineapple, cored, chopped
· ¼ cup caramel dip
1. Place bananas in freezer bag and freeze overnight.
2. Blend bananas, yogurt and pineapple in blender until thick and smooth.
3. Portion and freeze for 25 minutes.
4. Drizzle with caramel dip and serve.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
· 1 large peach or mango, peeled, chopped
· 1 large nectarine, peeled, chopped
· 2 medium bananas, peeled, sliced
· 1 cup strawberries, leaves hulled
· 1 cup blueberries
· ¼ cup orange or fruit juice
· 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
· 16 paper cups
1. Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until just smooth.
2. Place 16 paper cups on a baking tray. Pour smoothie into paper cups. Place tray in freezer and freeze until slushy, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove tray from freezer and insert one popsicle stick into the center of each cup. Return to freezer and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Tear away paper cup and place on plate.
· 1 cup toasted oat rings cereal
· 1 cup round corn puffs cereal
· ½ cup round colored corn puffs cereal
· ½ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
1. Combine all cereal mix ingredients in a large bowl.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
· 2 cups 1% milk
· 1 banana, peeled, cut in half
· 1 cup spinach, gently packed
· 1 cup green apple, cored, chopped
· 3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
· 2 Tbsp. honey
Directions:1. Blend milk, banana, avocado, spinach, apple, flax seed and honey in blender until smooth.
Disclosure: I was sent a goodie bad from the vendor as a thank you for sharing more about this campaign