"The “32nd annual Connecticut Flower & Garden Show” – one of the largest and most prestigious flower shows in New England – will bring the sights and scents of Spring from Thursday, February 21 through Sunday, February 24, 2013 to the Connecticut Convention Center on 100 Columbus Blvd. in Hartford. Hours are: Thursday, February 21 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday, February 22 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, February 23 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, February 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The colorful, fragrant show covers almost three acres with the theme, “Love in Bloom”.
- More than 20 gardens fill over an acre, created by professional landscape designers and nonprofit organizations, and include naturalistic, low maintenance and organic gardens.
- Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut’s 2013 Advanced Standard Flower Show: 12,000+ square foot design and horticulture competition and more than 250 judged entries, all with a wedding theme!
- Hundreds of displays and activities and aisles of fresh flowers, plants, garden ornaments, herbs, bulbs, seeds, fertilizers, soils, gardening books, patio furniture, ornaments and lawn equipment for purchase. Floral/ garden Arts & Crafts area. Bring 1/2 cup of soil to the UConn Co-op booth for free soil testing.
- More than 80 hours of seminars by horticulturists and experts including:
- Roger Swain, known as "The Man in the Red Suspenders”, former host of PBS’ The Victory Garden and HGTV’s People, Places & Plants: For the Love of Fruit: A Beginners Guide to Great Taste
- Gordon Hayward: Art & the Gardener and Your House Your Garden;
- Margot Shaw, editor of “Flower Magazine”: Decorating with Flowers;
- M.J. McCabe: Incorporating Bulbs Into Your Garden;
- Karen Bussolini: Edible Ornamental Gardens and Naturescaping Your Garden;
- Jerry Fritz: Deer Resistant Perennials;
- Lelaneia Dubay: The Garden Room;
- Dawn Petnelli: Compostology and Soils for Vegetable Gardening;
- Bob Buettner: Floral Arranging;
- Julie Lapham: Floral Design;
- Tammy Cressotti: Honey Bees & Their Life Cycle;
- Jim Conroy & Basia Alexander: Tree Whispering-A Nature Lover's Guide to Touching, Healing & Communicating with Trees, Plants & All of Nature and Cooperative BioBalance - Paradigm Shifting to Restore Balance in Nature;
- Todd Mervosh: Invasive Plants & Weeds;
- Ellen Hoverkamp: Floral Scanner Photography;
- Helen O'Donnell: Spring Garden Maintenance and Annuals in a New Way, Starting from Seed;
- Maureen Haseley-Jones a/k/a The English Lady : Garden Earth
- Ellen Ecker Ogden: Kitchen Garden Design;
- Janet Lennox Moyer: Landscape Lighting with LED;
- Peter Picone: Enhancing Your Habitat for Songbirds;
- Rich Cowles: Invasive Insects;
- Len Giddix: 3 Rules to Successful Gardening & Why They Work;
- Coleen Plimpton: Gardening with the Birds and All Season Color in the Garden;
- Phil Costello: Landscape Lighting;
- Rob Townsend: Water Gardening Basics and Pond Ecology;
- Nick Mancini: How to Grow True Organic Seeds;
- Lisa Napolitano: The Birds & the Bees...and the Flower & the Trees; and
--TICKET INFORMATION --
$16 Adults; $14 Seniors on Thursday/Friday only; $4 Children 5-12; Free under age 5 – Cash Only. Group rates for 15 or more people: contact (860) 844-8461 or Kristie@northeastexpos.com. (Advance tickets $2 off, must be purchased now through February 20, 2013 at the following Connecticut locations: The Garden Barn in Vernon; Garden Specialties in Mystic; Lawncare, Etc… in North Haven; Hunter's Pool Center in Yalesville; Moscarillo’s Garden Shoppe in West Hartford; Natureworks in Northford; Revay's Garden Center in Broad Brook; Stonehedge Garden Center in Newington; and Woodland Gardens in Manchester.
Show sponsors include B & P Turf Farm, Goodyear Farms, T.J. Bark Mulch, Connecticut Horticulture Society, Bob Kelly Florist, Inc., WRCH Light 100.5, WFSB Channel 3, Bedard Enterprises, and North East Expos."