As summer comes to a close, there are still a few weeks let for BBQs and pool parties. And, with Labor Day this upcoming weekend, my family and I will be having our annual end of summer pool party and BBQ - that is, if the girls are feeling better. They have been sick since Saturday with a nasty head cold that is going around. In addition to sleepless nights, we have been going through popsicles and ice cream like water in our house. Luckily, I was sent coupons to try out Unilever frozen treats, and took advantage of this review opportunity to pick up sweet, throat soothing treats for the girls.
Unilever (yes, they also sell soap products) offerings a wide assortment of frozen treats that come in handy for cheering up under the weather children, as well as to have on hand for end of summer BBQ fun. Unilever carries the following frozen treats -- MAGNUM, Popsicle, Breyers, Klondike and Good Humor.
I ended up picking up the following Unilever products to help keep the girls happy and hydrated.
Savannah only recently started to like frozen treats, and is a big fan of all flavors Popsicle. Since trying, she has become a fan of the new Yosicle Torpedo! pops made with yogurt. Not only does she get to enjoy the sweet taste she comes to expect with a Popsicle, but she also gets the added benefits of yogurt and calcium.
Because I didn't want to create more phlegm, I kept the MAGNUM and Klondike tacos for a treat for my husband and I when the girls finally fell asleep at night (that is, before they got up a short time later). These chocolaty treats were not only delicious, but helped with the long up all nights we have been having the past few days. And, with their small size we were able to eat them up quick if we had to, which happened on a few occasions when the girls would wake. I wasn't able to find Good Humor products at my local stores, but know they carry them in Massachusetts, and will pick up when I am up that way visiting family. I grew up enjoying Good Humor's fudgesicles and could eat them all year round. :-) As for the Breyer's ice cream, I picked up a carton of their new Breyers Blasts!® Banana Split flavor, as well as a carton of vanilla ice cream to have on hand for this upcoming weekend's BBQ, where I will serve strawberry shortcakes and brownie sundaes, with a side of ice cream. Yum.
So, if you are looking for a sweet treat to add your party planning menu for end of summer gatherings, why not pick up a few frozen treats from Unilever. Whatever novelty treat you purchase, it will not only cool you and your guests off, but will also put a smile on everyone's faces, as they are oh so delicious.
Check out some of the new ice creams that are now available in stores from Unilever:
MAGNUM® Ice Cream Provides Mini Moments of Pleasure
Following its anticipated U.S. debut last summer, MAGNUM® Ice Cream is now offering the world's most luxurious ice cream bars in smaller - yet equally delicious - sizes with new MAGNUM® Mini ice cream bars. Now, every day can have a mini moment of pleasure with MAGNUM® Mini Ice Cream.
These petite treats include:
- MAGNUM® Classic, featuring silky vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate.
- MAGNUM® Almond, featuring smooth vanilla bean ice cream enrobed in a luscious Belgian milk chocolate with crunchy almonds.
In addition to the introduction of the MAGNUM® Mini line, MAGNUM® Ice Cream is also unveiled two new indulgent varieties to its traditional-sized ice cream bars:
- MAGNUM® Mint bars feature delicious mint ice cream dipped in rich Belgian chocolate with delicious crystallized sugar bits.
- MAGNUM® Mochaccino bars are sure to please coffee lovers, with silky mocha ice cream covered in a thick layer of delightful Belgian milk chocolate.
All varieties of MAGNUM® Ice Cream and MAGNUM® Mini bars can be found at grocery stores nationwide. MAGNUM® Ice Cream bars are available in 3-count multipacks for a suggested retail price of $3.99, and MAGNUM® Mini Ice Cream bars are sold in 6-count multipacks for a suggested retail price of $5.49.
The Popsicle® Brand Introduces Unexpected Twist with Yosicle(TM) Pops
This summer, the Popsicle® Brand brought families an unexpected twist with Yosicle(TM) pops, combining the classic taste of Popsicle® pops and the creamy deliciousness of yogurt! Available in four fun varieties, featuring three unique shapes, Yosicle(TM) pops contain 10% nonfat yogurt and are an excellent source of calcium per two-pop serving.
- Yosicle(TM) Torpedo!(TM) pops feature three flavors in one low-fat, creamy pop: Purple Berry, Watermelon and Vanilla.
- Yosicle(TM) Layerz!(TM) pops feature two flavors per low-fat pop and are made with flavored ice on the top and creamy deliciousness on the bottom. They are available in two flavors: Cotton Candy & Vanilla and Orange & Vanilla.
- Yosicle(TM) Duos!(TM) pops feature creamy deliciousness on the inside with flavored ice on the outside. These low-fat pops have two flavors on each stick and are available in two variety boxes: Watermelon-Vanilla and Cotton Candy-Vanilla or Purple Berry-Vanilla and Cherry-Vanilla.
The Popsicle® Brand also partnered with SOUR PATCH KIDS(TM)(1) to introduce another bold and fruity candy flavor to stores. The new Popsicle® SOUR PATCH KIDS(TM) ice pops will replicate the unique SOUR THEN SWEET(TM) taste combination for which SOUR PATCH KIDS(TM) is known. Each ice pop has a sour ice shell and a sweet ice center, and is available in three delicious flavors including Lime, Raspberry and Orange.
Boxes of Yosicle(TM) pops and Popsicle® ice pops are available in grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99. A Popsicle® SOUR PATCH KIDS(TM) variety is also be available as a single serve item.
More Family Face Time with Breyers Blasts!®
The Breyers® brand, a family classic for more than 140 years, is scooping out new irresistibly delicious Breyers Blasts!® flavors to share with family and friends this summer. Launched in 2011, the Breyers Blasts!® line features 18 varieties with families' favorite cookies, candies and snacks blasted into every scoop, including six new flavors:
- Breyers Blasts!® Chocolate REESE'S®(2) features chunks of REESE'S® Peanut Butter Cup pieces and REESE'S® Peanut Butter Cup swirl in a chocolate flavor.
- Breyers Blasts!® Golden OREO® Cookies & Cream(3) features Golden OREO® cookie pieces in swirls of golden vanilla and a sweet cream-flavored base.
- Breyers Blasts!® OREO® Birthday Blast!(3) features OREO® cookie pieces and rainbow sprinkles in artificially flavored cake-flavored base.
- Breyers Blasts!® Klondike® Krunch features Klondike® KRUNCH® chocolate crackle swirls with chocolate covered rice crisps in vanilla base.
- Breyers Blasts!® Banana Split - Now available nationwide, this variety features chocolate chips and a strawberry swirl in a banana flavor.
- Breyers Blasts!® S'mores - Now available nationwide, this variety features chocolate chips and a graham cracker swirl in artificially flavored marshmallow base.
The Breyers® line of flavors in 48-ounce containers are available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.50-$4.99.
Make it a Choco Taco® Night with Klondike® Bars and Sandwiches
Best known for its line of bars and sandwiches, the Klondike® Brand is taking the popular Original Choco Taco® treat to the next level with the introduction of Chocolate and Peanut Butter varieties.
Klondike® Chocolate Choco Taco® features chocolate light ice cream(4) in a sugar taco with dark chocolate flavored coating and crispy rice.
Klondike® Peanut Butter Choco Taco® features peanut butter flavored light ice cream(4) with a peanut buttery swirl in a sugar taco with milk chocolate flavored coating.
Klondike® also launched the Klondike® Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich, its latest ice cream sandwich. The sandwich features artificially flavored chocolate light ice cream(4) between two chocolate wafers.
Klondike® ice cream sandwiches are available in six-packs and Choco Taco® treats are available in four-packs, all for a suggested retail price of $4.39.
Good Humor® Introduces Candy Brand-Inspired Ice Cream Bars
Candy lovers rejoice! Following a successful launch of REESE'S® Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cups by Unilever last year, the Good Humor® Brand is introducing new ice cream versions of two classic candy bars:
- Mounds®(5) Ice Cream Bars feature coconut-flavored light ice cream(6) with coconut dipped in a dark chocolate flavored coating.
- York®(5) Peppermint Pattie Ice Cream Bars offer peppermint-flavored light ice cream(6) dipped in a dark chocolate flavored coating.
Both treats come in six-count boxes and are available at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.49.
For more information on these brands and the new products, visit:
To follow MAGNUM® Ice Cream, Popsicle®, Breyers® and Klondike® on Twitter, visit:
To like MAGNUM® Ice Cream, Popsicle®, Breyers® and Klondike® on Facebook, visit:
To connect with MAGNUM® Ice Cream on Tumblr, visit:
Unilever frozen treats including MAGNUM, Popsicle, Breyers, Klondike and Good Humor can be found in the frozen foods aisle at your favorite grocery store. Prices vary depending on product purchased.
Disclosure: I was sent coupons to use in purchasing Unilever products described above. These products assisted in helping me write up an honest review. The views above are mine and mine alone.