Rating: Not Rated
Age Target: Fans of all ages from 2-60
Closed Captioned: English
Feature Running Time: 45 minutes
DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Program Website: www.shaunthesheep.com
Celebrate with Shaun the Sheep™ as he revels in his first holiday-themed DVD in Shaun the Sheep: We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas arriving on DVD October 18, 2011 from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment. The sheep make sure The Farmer isn't alone on Christmas, help to free him from his snowed-in house, take care of Bitzer, find him the perfect new hat and make merry in these seven hilarious episodes -- the perfect way to join Shaun and his barnyard buddies in ringing in some holiday "shear"!
Five minute shorts of the series currently air in the U.S. on the Disney Channel, and the series ranks in the top five animated shorts on the network!
'Tis the season to be woolly, with Shaun the Sheep and his farmyard friends. Frolic with the flock as they decorate the farmhouse for The Farmer, watch Bitzer and Pidsley battle for a spot by the fire, join a massive snowball fight and much more in these seven hilarious episodes from the Oscar®-winning creators of Wallace and Gromit™.
- We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas: Shaun discovers that The Farmer will be spending Christmas Day alone. The animals work through the night festooning the farmhouse with decorations so that The Farmer wakes up to the most magical Christmas that he has ever experienced.
- Snowed In: Shaun and his buddies awaken to find the farm covered in snow. But while the sheep enjoy themselves in a massive snowball fight, they are all unaware that The Farmer is snowed inside the farmhouse and trying desperately to escape.
- Fireside Favorite: Bitzer has caught a cold and The Farmer decides to tuck him up in the house to recover. In doing so, Pidsley the cat is ousted from his favorite spot next to the fire. The mean cat attempts various ways to remove the snotty dog while the sheep do their best to keep Bitzer where he needs to be.
- An Ill Wind: The Farmer receives a huge electricity bill and decides to build his own wind turbine to power the farmhouse. As soon as The Farmer's back is turned, Shaun and the flock adapt the noisy new contraption into something much more fun – a ferris wheel. It's not long before The Farmer blows his fuse.
- Bitzer's New Hat: The Farmer gives Bitzer a horrible new hat. Bitzer is very upset, as he treasured his old hat. The flock rally round to try and cheer him up with a selection of dashing alternative head-gear. Meanwhile, Shaun heads off on an adventure to find out what The Farmer did with the old one.
- Chip Off The Old Block: The Farmer has taken up sculpting, but unintentionally drops a huge slab of stone on top of Timmy's teddy. Shaun and the flock must struggle and strain to lift the heavy block and retrieve the precious toy.
- Shirley Whirley: In a bid to help move Shirley around the farm, Shaun has the idea of fitting up Shirley with wheels. Using a remote control, Shaun can now maneuver his large friend around easily – until The Farmer's TV remote interferes with the signal, causing Shirley to run amuck.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Sheep Shearing Game
- Timmy Time™ Sneak Peek -Timmy's Tune #1
This was the first time I had watched a Shaun the Sheep short, as my daughter really isn’t into shows on the Disney channel just yet. What a cute series this is. Being a fan of holiday movies and cartoons, it was nice to watch something new and fresh with my daughter. Each of the 40 episodes was thoroughly enjoyable, but the one that stood out the most was We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas. I couldn’t get over the wonderful animations and story lines. Now that my daughter and I were introduced to Shaun the Sheep, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more DVDs and for shorts on the Disney channel.
If you child loves Shaun the Sheep, then why not pick up this DVD set today.
Disclosure: I was sent a copy of this DVD in order to write up an honest review. The views above are mine and mine alone.