Closed. And, the winner is Jessica.
About the Somersault Snack Co.’s Sunflower Seed Snacks:Our quest to bake the perfect snack led us to the miraculous sunflower and its nutritious seeds. Sunflower seeds, our #1 ingredient, are the inspiration behind our scrumptious little nuggets. Somersaults boast:
- As much protein as almonds but with just 1/2 the fat
- A good source of fiber and vitamin E
- Nut-free nutrition with fewer calories and all of the crunch!
- .5oz (1/2 serving) — Perfect for school lunches or whenever you need a handful of your favorite toasted nuggets to keep you going.
- 2oz (2 servings) — Take with you hiking, biking, traveling, running errands...wherever your 4 o'clock snack may take you.
- 6oz (6 servings) — Snacks to keep you going at home, in the car — even at your desk!
santa fe salsaBaked with chili pepper, cilantro, a touch of jalapeno and a dash of lime give Santa Fe Salsa a delicious zesty bite. A perfect snack for your next backyard barbeque, beach bonfire or fiesta. Ole!
- Nut free (just like all Somersaults)!
- The same protein but 1/2 the fat of almonds!
salty pepperEnjoy at the movies, on a bike ride or serve at your next dinner party as a nut-free snack your guests are sure to enjoy. Garlic and onion give our Salty Pepper snack savory goodness with a little pep and zing!
- 6 fantastic grams of protein!
- A good source of fiber.
dutch cocoaWith just a touch of cocoa sweetness, our Dutch Cocoa pairs perfectly with your afternoon latte or replaces your after dinner treat. Not too salty. Not too sweet. Just right.
- Only 4 grams of sugar!
- Just 140 calories.
pacific sea saltThe touch of sea salt is sourced right here in our own backyard, the San Francisco Bay, and highlights the nutty taste of sunflower and sesame seeds. Pacific Sea Salt is sure to twirl your taste buds.
- A good source of fiber!
- 6 delicious grams of protein.
I was sent a package of each flavor shown above to try out. Having always been a fan of sunflower seeds, I was eager to try these flavored snacks and see how they stack up against the plain sunflower seed. Wow. Having tasted each of the delicious flavors, I don’t know how I ever ate just plain sunflower seeds. The added flavor really was pleasing to palate, and I couldn’t stop reaching into the bag for another handful. I love how each of the flavors are a great source of fiber and provide about the same amount of protein as if you had eating other nuts like almonds, but these seeds contain 1/2 the fat. It was great knowing that not only was I enjoying these tasty sunflower seed snacks, but that they were also good for me.
Overall, my favorite of the 4 flavors were the Santa Fe Salsa and the Dutch Cocoa. It was hard to choose between these two after they offer different flavor profiles, but each stood out on the “Yummy” scale. I loved the lime kick that the Santa Fe Salsa snack pack offered, while the Dutch Cocoa pack provided just the right amount of salty and sweet flavor balance. And, you could really taste the cocoa in every bite.
If you love to try unique, but healthy snacks, why not pick up a bag or two of Somersault Snack Co.’s sunflower seed snacks today. They make for great on-the-go snacks, as well as a delectable midnight snack.
Click here to order directly from the Somersault Snack Co. website. You can order a sampler pack, or just the flavors you like.
---GIVEAWAY---MANDATORY ENTRY: Head on over to Facebook and “Like” the Somersault Snack Co. Fan Page. Then, leave a comment on their wall regarding your interest in their snacks. Once done, leave a comment below with your FB username, so I can verify this entry.
(Please leave separate entries for each, along with your email address)
1) Subscribe to my blog via email and/or become a GFC follower (2 entries each)
2) Follow me on Facebook (1 entry)
3) Enter any of my other giveaways, leaving a comment with the name of the giveaway (1entry per giveaway entered)
4) Blog about this giveaway. It must include a link to this specific post, as well as a link to my blog, http://ctmomreviews.blogspot.com/. (In your comment, please leave a link directly to your post – 3 Entries)
5) Follow me on Twitter (1entry)
6) Tweet about this giveaway (1 entry per tweet, per day; please include link to tweet in comment below)
Enter to #win a sampler pack of Somersault Snack Co.’s Sunflower Seed Snacks @Somersault Snack @rmccoy1234 http://ctmomreviews.blogspot.com/ #giveaway (Ends 12/13)
7) Vote for me on picket fence blogs (See button on right side of blog -- One entry per vote, per day; Note: You can only your one vote per day on ONE giveaway; duplicate comments on other giveaways on the same day with be void)
8) Add to a Giveaway Linky site (5 entries)
Open to US residents only. Giveaway ends on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:59PM EST. I will then use Random.org to choose a winner. Winner will have 48 hrs. to respond to my email to claim prize. If I don't hear back from selected winner, I will draw another winner.
Disclosure: I was sent samples from the vendor in order to write up an honest review. The views above are mine and mine alone.